Author Topic: Ireland Road Trip  (Read 2962 times)

zuglufttier

Ireland Road Trip
« on: August 14, 2015, 22:33:00 »
A few weeks ago, I made a little road trip to Ireland with my girlfriend. We rented a car there and drove along the atlantic ocean but visited a few cities, too. I took along my trusty D700 + 20/3.5 Ai, 50/1.8 Series E and the 300/4.5 Ai. 20 and 50mm seem to be a very good combo if you want to travel light!

View from the airplane, already above the green isle.

Writing post cards

Following the girlfriend into dark alleys

This building would look nicer with a tilt/shift lens...

The little harbour in Cobh

This crow only came to ask for salt and vinegar crisps... And it was successful.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Ireland Road Trip
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 22:42:01 »
Exeptional sense for moments and proportion.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

smusesuse

• NG Member
  • The Hague, Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 23:24:30 »
What a beautiful series!
Suse

afx

• NG Member
  • Grumpy Bavarian from Munich
    • AFXImages
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 08:28:48 »
Those Google drive images don't display here.... (Privacybadger is a bit overzealous)

Looks like you where lucky. From the 8 days we spent there most where rainy (last week of July). Hopefully I get to process some this weekend.

cheers
afx

Mike G

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 08:52:18 »
Super series, I think your Crow is a Rook also a member of the Crow family, the white face is indicative!

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 12:09:35 »
Very refreshing set of images. I especially like the light and the clouds in the first. What do you mean about the til/shift lens? Did you want to get the foreground in focus as well?
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

zuglufttier

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 13:55:47 »
Thanks for all your positive replies! I hope some moderator can help me and let me edit my first post so I can upload a bit smaller images...

Very refreshing set of images. I especially like the light and the clouds in the first. What do you mean about the til/shift lens? Did you want to get the foreground in focus as well?
No, it's more about those converging lines in the image but it's not that bad after all.

Those Google drive images don't display here.... (Privacybadger is a bit overzealous)

Looks like you where lucky. From the 8 days we spent there most where rainy (last week of July). Hopefully I get to process some this weekend.

cheers
afx
I'll upload the pictures right here now, seems to be easier. Indeed, we were lucky, especially when we went to the Aran Islands, see the following pictures ;)

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 14:12:08 »
Nice pictures to brush up fond memories of Ireland, one of my favourite countries for travelling.

This summer Ruth and I had booked accommodation on Inishmore, the biggest of the Aran Islands. Unfortunately, I was down with some bad bouts asthma at the time for the visit there, so we cancelled and went northwards to Mayo instead.

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 12:52:21 »
No, it's more about those converging lines in the image but it's not that bad after all.
Yes, that's true. With this composition, it's well within what you can correct with software.
Actually, the following image, 'The little harbour in Cobh', would rather benefit from a bit of correction in my eyes. It seems to lean to the left a bit and the houses look a bit skewed. Otherwise, it's a gorgeous view.
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 17:12:23 »
In the second set I feel light and composition to be no match for the first set. You raised the bar quite high though
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

zuglufttier

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 20:29:48 »
In the second set I feel light and composition to be no match for the first set. You raised the bar quite high though
That's true! They were shot around midday ;) That would explain the not so nice lighting.

But: I have some more with "better" weather. Again, those are more standard, I guess...

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 21:50:06 »
Good series Zugluftier.

Out of your most recent set, the first one reminds me of my first visit to Eire many years ago (we hitched & walked around, so many hours were spent on the road).

As for the next, they kind of remind me of where the Burren meets the sea and (maybe?) Moher?

zuglufttier

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 10:23:46 »
Thanks! Yes, the last ones should be the Burren. We didn't go to Moher, too much people ;)

smusesuse

• NG Member
  • The Hague, Netherlands
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 09:46:48 »
Very nice pictures, really. Make me want to go there, looks like a great trip. I think the first set you posted is the strongest, although I also very much like the road with those nice and simple lines.
Suse