Author Topic: Df vs F3  (Read 131 times)

Lorne

• NG Supporter
  • it started with a Nikkormat
Df vs F3
« on: July 27, 2024, 00:53:30 »
My F3 has sat dormant for a long time but earlier this year I bought a roll of Kodak Ektar 100 and another of Ektachrome 100. I have a number of rolls sitting for years in the refrigerator, but it seemed a good idea not to count on consistent results from long expired film.

Here are a couple pairs with the Df on top of the F3. The chairs at the beach were shot with a 28mm f/2 + Nikon 52mm circular polarizer, 1/320 @ f/5.6, and both on a tripod. For the motorcycle I used an 85mm f/1.4 + 77mm Nikon circular polarizer, 1/500 @ f/2.8, both hand held. Scanned with Coolscan V ED, GEM: 1, ICE: Normal

Processed in Capture NX2 with the aim to have the pairs look as similar as I could make them. All four pics are the full image, though there is a slight difference in coverage between the film and digital versions.

The third pair are from a music festival in 1991 on the grounds of the BC Legislature. The upper photo is a slide, almost certainly E100, and the lower is a negative but I forgot to note the film type when I scanned it last year. Taken a week or so apart under similar conditions, but the lighting for the slide shot was just a little more vibrant.
Frequently wrong, seldom in doubt