Author Topic: X-T3 failure  (Read 356 times)

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
X-T3 failure
« on: July 11, 2024, 16:43:55 »
The front control wheel in my X-T3 is failing, when I try to adjust the aperture of lenses without the aperture ring, it gives ramdom values unless i turn it really slow

A bit frustrating

I located a repair shop that has dealt with the same problem in other x-t3 cameras

A spare control unit has been ordered, it costs about $170 dollars

Will have to add the workmanship on top of that , once the spare part has been recieved the turn aroud  time is expected to be a couple of days

This is my first time ever sending any photo equipment to be repaired , if everything goes well my D800 is in need of some love , plus the 70-300 zoom and a couple of flashes

This is the failing wheel
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: X-T3 failure
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2024, 20:34:03 »
Must be a worn-out bearing or similar inside.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2024, 00:24:35 »
If I remember correctly, the dial also functions as a push switch.  Your X-T3 should have served you for quite a long time, and frankly it is not surprising that the part is worn out.  Hope the repair to go well.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Dogman

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2024, 16:18:43 »
I rediscovered an old X-T1 recently and found I could tolerate the EVF so I started using it again.  It has the same issue with the front wheel--intermittently.  Since all my lenses have aperture rings and the other functions of the wheel are not really important to me, I just ignore it.  But, of course, ignoring it is not an option in your case. 
"If it's more than a hundred feet from the car, it's not photogenic."--Edward Weston

My Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/197057338@N03/