Author Topic: April 2024  (Read 15553 times)

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
Re: April 2024
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2024, 03:54:54 »
Nah Ian, start 'em young!  The trailer is a good start. ;D

FWIW, my eldest daughter is a mechanical engineer who has had a very successful career in engineering.  Maybe your daughter might also head in that direction?

Thank you Thomas and Colin. He is not the one who makes me nervous for my car.

Nikon Zf, 50mm f/1.4 AI.
Hugh Gunn

timh

• NG Supporter
  • uMhlanga, South Africa
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2024, 04:22:12 »
Nice. I hope to be going to (or at least near) the English version of Windermere in a couple of weeks

Thanks Colin  :)
Timothy Hodgkinson

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2024, 10:48:52 »
Another take on the frozen forest. Tomorrow I'll try yet another version if the predicted heavy snowfall is occurring. The Weather Forecasts tend to be uncommonly accurate around here -- unfortunately.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2024, 12:49:57 »
Another take on the frozen forest. Tomorrow I'll try yet another version if the predicted heavy snowfall is occurring. The Weather Forecasts tend to be uncommonly accurate around here -- unfortunately.

Seems like a different take on a shot from last week?!

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2024, 12:51:22 »
April 3

Z7_2 - nikkor z 105mm f/2.8 vr s

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2024, 20:46:50 »
Jan van Esch, a friend of my died last week, an aggressive form of pancreas cancer. He was one of the initiators of better relations with the Balkan countries, especially Croatia and Bosnia. He lead many projects to improve the situation there. Also he started a dialogue with the Srbrenica Dutch bat soldiers with the survivors of the massacre.
One of the projects was the help of a mental hospital in Trogir, where there was an urgent need for hospital beds.  In 2013 we went Trogir, with a small truck and hospital beds.

I made this photo during the long trip from the Netherlands to the south of Croatia (close to Split)

Today was the funeral.
D700  35/1.4

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2024, 22:07:56 »

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God. --- Matthew 5,9

Thank you for the story, John❤️

Jan van Esch, a friend of my died last week, an aggressive form of pancreas cancer. He was one of the initiators of better relations with the Balkan countries, especially Croatia and Bosnia. He lead many projects to improve the situation there. Also he started a dialogue with the Srbrenica Dutch bat soldiers with the survivors of the massacre.
One of the projects was the help of a mental hospital in Trogir, where there was an urgent need for hospital beds.  In 2013 we went Trogir, with a small truck and hospital beds.

I made this photo during the long trip from the Netherlands to the south of Croatia (close to Split)

Today was the funeral.
D700  35/1.4
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2024, 22:35:15 »

Today was the funeral.
D700  35/1.4

Condolences on your personal loss!

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2024, 23:28:13 »

Today was the funeral.
D700  35/1.4

sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace

Thank you Thomas and Colin. He is not the one who makes me nervous for my car.

Nikon Zf, 50mm f/1.4 AI.

LOL, kind of like my son and daughter

Image from today
x-t3 56mm f1.4
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Ian Watson

• NG Supporter
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2024, 23:37:45 »
Jan van Esch, a friend of my died last week,

I am sorry to hear that, John. My condolences.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2024, 23:51:19 »

Today was the funeral.
D700  35/1.4

Sorry for the loss of a great contributor to help troubled people and your dear friend.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2024, 23:53:47 »
Image from today
x-t3 56mm f1.4

Wonderful abstraction!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2024, 00:22:58 »
Wonderful abstraction!
Thank you Akira
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Ian Watson

• NG Supporter
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2024, 03:46:41 »
FWIW, my eldest daughter is a mechanical engineer who has had a very successful career in engineering.  Maybe your daughter might also head in that direction?

Given her love of tools and anything mechanical, that sounds very possible. She took to maths lessons the minute we told her that engineers need to know maths  8)

Ian Watson

• NG Supporter
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2024, 03:47:27 »
Mud 1, Son 0.

Nikon Zf, 50mm f/1.4 AI.