Author Topic: Flints Auctions: Macro-nikkor set listed  (Read 1144 times)

Macro_Cosmos

• NG Member
    • Flickr
Photomicrography gallery: Instagram
Blog: Diatoms Australia
Andor Zyla 5.5 sCMOS | Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash V3 | Nikon Z6 | Olympus Microscope

Geert

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Flints Auctions: Macro-nikkor set listed
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 14:16:50 »
It's all about usability. In the past, this was expensive equipment, but what can it still be used for today? And who is going to buy it?

I have a rare Nikkor-Q 135mm f/4 bellows lens myself, of which only about 800 have been produced. It's value is rated somewhere between 750 and 1000 USD, but who buys these kind of lenses? Only collectors of old Nikon equipment, and they are even more rare...

bobfriedman

• NG Supporter
  • Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 16:49:13 »
It's all about usability. In the past, this was expensive equipment, but what can it still be used for today? And who is going to buy it?

I have a rare Nikkor-Q 135mm f/4 bellows lens myself, of which only about 800 have been produced. It's value is rated somewhere between 750 and 1000 USD, but who buys these kind of lenses? Only collectors of old Nikon equipment, and they are even more rare...

I have both the Nikkor-Q 135 bellows with BR-1's to use them, also have the Nikkor-P 105 bellows... fact is that I would be lucky to get $50 for them.. As far as Macro.. I have completely transitioned to machine vision lenses and Mity objectives.
Robert L Friedman, Massachusetts, USA
www.pbase.com/bobfriedman

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 08:52:26 »
Collectors item  8) Very rare to see a set like this and in apparently Mint condition  :o Missing several zeros IMHO
Erik Lund

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 12:38:35 »
Nice kit -- a pity these once so exquisite optics have fallen out of fashion to remain only as collectors' items.

Modern optics and the infinity approach do deliver better results though.

Geert

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2024, 22:30:40 »
I have both the Nikkor-Q 135 bellows with BR-1's to use them, also have the Nikkor-P 105 bellows... fact is that I would be lucky to get $50 for them.. As far as Macro.. I have completely transitioned to machine vision lenses and Mity objectives.

The one i have is the long one, for which you don't need a BR-1. I think this version is only for use on a bellows.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2024, 22:41:47 »
The "long" version of the Bellows 135mm is the same optics as the rangrefinder model, but a permanently adhered sleeve replaces the BR-1 adapter. Neither modification can be used without some kid of focusing attachment, either a bellows, or a focusing helicoid. They do work quite nicely at infinity focus, though.

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2024, 07:36:39 »
I have one of the orginal boxes and three of the four Multiphot lenses, if anyone is interested

35mm f/4.5 (blue-colored ring)

65mm f/4.5 (yellow-colored ring)

120mm f/6.3 (red-colored ring)

I also just posted on Ebay the Zeiss S-Orthoplanar f5.6 105mm VERY RARE
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com