Author Topic: Paris Street Photography with a AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E lens  (Read 1278 times)

alberte

• NG Member
  • Photograph everything that moves ...
    • Albert Esschendal Photography
Paris Street Photography with a AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E lens
« on: January 22, 2024, 17:49:17 »
Photographed Paris with a D850 and a AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E lens:

In 2018:
https://albert-esschendal.photoshelter.com/index/C0000LXb2.TEdxdc/G00003ElSgcEY_TI/I0000fLNt_8b7CGg

In 2019 from image 28 of 64 on:
https://albert-esschendal.photoshelter.com/index/C0000LXb2.TEdxdc/G0000XRfjY0Yeh1I/I0000n13970Tu0OA

It gives another perspective the the usual 28mm/35mm/50mm lenses.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: Paris Street Photography with a AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E lens
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 09:22:57 »
Hi, your link directs to a non working page, I can't get any further,,,

I suggest, recommend that you follow this guide:
https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=113.0
Erik Lund

alberte

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 11:22:53 »
When you click on the 2018 link you get directed to my main page of my website and after some delay it will go automatically to page 1 of 55 of the "2018 Paris with the 200-500mm" gallery.

When you click on the 2019 link you get directed to my main page of my website and after some delay it will go automatically to page 28 of 64 of the "2019 Paris with the 200-500mm" gallery.

Reason for the delay is that all my photographs are on full resolution to see. So if you have a big high resolution screen, you will see a lot of pixels, after the delay of downloading it.

I saw the Image Guidelines, but choose the show the images in maximum size, by redirecting to my website galleries. I hope that is allowed on Nikongear?

Challenge is to find the "Cool" guy on page (??) !!!

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 14:56:45 »

Challenge is to find the "Cool" guy on page (??) !!!

you mean the one, who uses only one hand for holding the camera?  :) 

good series of wonderful cities, I looked as well at your Rotterdam and Amsterdam pictures
Thomas Stellwag

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 21:27:45 »
Photographed Paris with a D850 and a AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E lens:

In 2018:
https://albert-esschendal.photoshelter.com/index/C0000LXb2.TEdxdc/G00003ElSgcEY_TI/I0000fLNt_8b7CGg

In 2019 from image 28 of 64 on:
https://albert-esschendal.photoshelter.com/index/C0000LXb2.TEdxdc/G0000XRfjY0Yeh1I/I0000n13970Tu0OA

It gives another perspective the the usual 28mm/35mm/50mm lenses.

Works for me on the phone and mobile data.

Thx for sharing.

Love the waiter with two wine glasses and the bike artist shots. Very nice.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

alberte

• NG Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 14:29:50 »
you mean the one, who uses only one hand for holding the camera?  :) 

good series of wonderful cities, I looked as well at your Rotterdam and Amsterdam pictures

Not correct! The "one hand for holding the camera" is a selfie with a mirrow on a rock before Petit Palais in Paris. You find the "Cool" guy on 2019 photograph 39 of 64.
Wears a orange jacket, so could be dutch ...!

alberte

• NG Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 14:40:51 »

Works for me on the phone and mobile data.

Thx for sharing.

Love the waiter with two wine glasses and the bike artist shots. Very nice.

The waiter you could find in the restaurant on the south side of the Grand Palais on the Av. Winston Churchill. Photographed him across the restaurant. He should have the photographs because I send it to the restaurant.

The bike photographs were made on the square before the Townhall (Hotel du Ville) of Paris, during a bike event.

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 23:45:59 »
Lovely photos.

Are there not restrictions on street photography in France?
Anthony Macaulay

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2024, 10:18:50 »
No restrictions to street photography in France, in general. But some caveats:
- about taking shots: pics where underage children are the main subject require previous agreement from parents. This is the only country-wide limitation.
- about publishing shots (all low risk):
    - pictured people may request you to be grayed out
    - architects or their heirs may also limit the publishing until about 70 years after the architect's death

The only significant risk is, if the publication shows a person in an awkward or scandalous light. Defamation lawsuits may be the consequence, like in most countries.
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2024, 10:22:28 »
but back to main subject: nice series, and the long FL makes it a different king of street shooting.

I did some long FL street shooting in Tokyo (where street photography is well accepted, or is it just that Japanese people are more forgiving to those uneducated foreigners). Less successful though, since I used a freshly bought 500/8N reflex Nikkor from a famous Nikon 2nd hand shop in Ginza... without stabilizer and too small inertia...
Airy Magnien

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2024, 11:09:15 »
- about taking shots: pics where underage children are the main subject require previous agreement from parents. This is the only country-wide limitation.
    - architects or their heirs may also limit the publishing until about 70 years after the architect's death

The only significant risk is, if the publication shows a person in an awkward or scandalous light. Defamation lawsuits may be the consequence, like in most countries.

Thanks for this information.
Anthony Macaulay

alberte

• NG Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2024, 14:42:28 »

Additional: Famous building copyrights - Example Eiffel tower at night; photographs of it used for prints, book or website publication (facebook) could have cost or fine implications initiated by the Eiffel Tower Operating Company. I heard somewhere ,but cannot find it anywhere, that the company installing the lights on the Eiffel tower does that for free in exchance of the image revenue it created with these lights. Read more information in this article:

https://www.politico.eu/article/banned-taking-pictures-of-the-eiffel-tower-at-night-copyright-law-eu/

I have self have a night photograph of 2008 of a Blue Eiffel tower with a ring of stars (like the flag of the European Union), when France President Nicolas Sarkozy was also rotating EU Council President from July 2008 through December 2008. Made the photograph handheld (without a mono- or tri-pod) with shutter time of 0.5s (Nikon D3 and AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 lens) en of course a only a few were sharp of the serie of photographs. I newer used this photograph due to the copyrights ...!

Be careful use your images, do your research ...!

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2024, 22:05:47 »
Yes, I am aware of that. Eiffel Tower pics are not copyrighted (Gustave Eiffel passed away in 1923), only the lighting is, indeed.
I forgot to mention "works of art" in public places; there are no panorama rights in France comparable to those in Austria or the UK.

Otherwise, if you want to understand the finest nuances of French photography law, the related rulings of the Court of Cassation are publicly available, extremely well written (in French, goes without saying), and full of subtleties. I read though all of them, ten years ago...

Concerning the US, when I travelled there, I had a copy of the summarized federal photography laws on one A4 sheet in my bag, at all times, just in case... in France, cops do not care, but over there, I was not sure. Fortunately, I did not get into trouble.
Airy Magnien