Author Topic: Long-time visitor, now in the new members' class  (Read 962 times)

docjavadude

• NG Member
Long-time visitor, now in the new members' class
« on: November 06, 2023, 05:55:32 »
This forum has a unique blend of truly interesting participants and a noticeable lack of online grumpiness and vitriol. Okay, some grumpiness, but that seems well-earned. I really do appreciate the breadth and depth of experience in this forum and the generosity of members who are willing to help one another with experience, opinion, feedback, and honest recommendations. I'm looking forward to being more active (and not just lurking).
docjavadude
My birthstone is a coffee bean | My bloodtype is bordeaux

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Long-time visitor, now in the new members' class
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 09:18:54 »
NG is a hold-out for the last of the independents :) whether they be pleasant or grumpy, of any gender. We rely on communals effort to run the site and shy any kind of advertising or mining personal data for profit and sale.

You can contribute almost anything as long as the site Guide Lines are adhered to. Meaning we don't allow political or religious discussions, or anything relating to such topics, guns for example. Personally I have no objections to nudity shown photographically, but keep in mind others might not feel comfortable with explicit sexualiity.  Thus handle such matters with delicacy and care. Otherwise let your creativity flow.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 09:39:16 »
Welcome to NikonGear! Enjoy ;)
Erik Lund

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 10:39:50 »
welcome, coffee beans and red wine in your avatar indicate, that you´ll find soulmates here
Thomas Stellwag

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 14:46:54 »
I'm definitely ok with coffee and wine. Welcome here.
Bruno Schröder

Ian Watson

• NG Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 20:43:43 »
Welcome to this lovely corner of cyberspace. We look forward to seeing your photographs.