Author Topic: So, the ZF ...  (Read 39512 times)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: So, the ZF ...
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2023, 22:54:45 »
OK, so there is a pushability limit imposed here. Good to know.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2023, 23:24:30 »
The Zf is so nice with wide lenses and b/w mode. The Laowa 9mm f/5.6 has an almost impossibly wide view of 135 degrees and makes bizarre renditions of nearly eveything. Despire its short focal length and huge field of view, getting really excellent sharpness depends on precise focusing, which is  breeze with the Zf.

Teslas have become the most sold car brand in my country. And concomitantly, climbing to the top position of the customers' complaint list.

I sing the  body car electric (Tesla version)

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2023, 23:36:29 »
I think the Zf is pretty good in low light conditions. Zf, Z 85mm f/1.8 S, 1/500s, f/1.8, ISO 9000.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: So, the ZF …
« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2023, 19:08:10 »
In that sense, maybe. Otherwise I was quoting FM-2 features nobody would envy now: were are all used to using short-lived batteries; most of us use A mode, I guess, that the FM-2 hadn't, and there is no reason not to have spot metering although it has become less useful than in slides time (film slides, not powerpoint): I still remember using the 8-spot multimetering with my Canon T90 in difficult situations, trying to fit them into the +2EV/-2EV range, and it worked.

I got the best slide exposures with my F4 in spot metering a spot that seemed to be the perfect spot to meter, kind of grey equivalent of the effect I wanted to achieve: 18% grey equivalent for spot on metering, a light part for low key or a dark part for a high key or two spots to decide for tiny over and underexposures.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2023, 19:17:52 »
However nothing beats using a rotating tripod collar .... in case the shown collar is 'iShoot Duomianshou ZMC 105', which in stock configuration don't allow rotation. However, 5 minutes with a Dremel solves that "problem" easily.

Birna, dear friend, can you please post a documentation of the dremal act?

Love

Frank
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2023, 19:19:16 »
Our son goes to the tractor test tomorrow so we trained in the dark - with the Zf the 'night owl' @ ISO 64'000 and the Z 35mm is pretty flare resistant

I love the dark parts!

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2023, 19:48:22 »
Birna, dear friend, can you please post a documentation of the dremal act?

Love

Frank

Hm. I vaguely remember that has already been shown here on NG?  Basically, all there is to the modification is to cut a groove on the inside of the tripod collar to allow it to rotate freely.

aerobat

• NG Member
  • Daniel Diggelmann, Switzerland
« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2023, 12:52:13 »
Daniel Diggelmann

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2023, 16:28:57 »
Wolfgang Rehm

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2023, 21:47:25 »
With ZF deliveries in limbo, maybe until May, ‘used’ ones are already fetching a tidy premium above new price.

Mercari Japan is stating to fill up with listings, mostly with the lens, but a few body only.
Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #250 on: November 17, 2023, 23:01:05 »
I'd better hold on to my Zf then -- lest it be grabbed by someone else !!

The Zf becoming a sales success story shouldn't come entirely as a surprise to Nikon and I would thought they had a decent stockpile of cameras already at launch time?

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2023, 00:59:41 »
I'd better hold on to my Zf then -- lest it be grabbed by someone else !!

The Zf becoming a sales success story shouldn't come entirely as a surprise to Nikon and I would thought they had a decent stockpile of cameras already at launch time?

I bought my kit with 2.0/40mm today for 2559€ ... Is that expensive or cheap?

aerobat

• NG Member
  • Daniel Diggelmann, Switzerland
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2023, 07:09:20 »
Congratulations Frank - that's a good price incl. the lens.
Without lens US: 2k; EU 2.5k
The Zf is readily available in Switzerland - most stores and online shops have it in stock.
Daniel Diggelmann

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2023, 10:42:13 »
Then you should buy some and sell them to Japan for good profit :)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2023, 15:25:05 »
The Z f isn't that much bigger than its little sister Z fc. The comparison size-wise is skewed because the Z f sits in a modified Markins L-bracket. This is necessary for protection of the Foolography Unleashed 22'M device on the camera's left-hand side.

A close-up of the remote control/GPS recording device is seen below. NB: I'll cut off the rubber flaps when I have ascertained everything with Unleashed is working as it should.