Author Topic: Cliffs of the island Møn  (Read 1691 times)

Lars Hansen

• NG Supporter
  • Zealand, Denmark
Cliffs of the island Møn
« on: July 25, 2023, 20:53:57 »
I visited Møns Klint (Cliffs of Møn) last weekend - chalk/limestone cliffs at the east coast of the island of Møn in Denmark (baltic sea).

The area where these shots was taken, the cliff rises about 100 meters over the coast below - tallest cliff is 128  meters. The cliffs stretches 7 kilometers along the coast. Notice the silhouettes of persons on first two shots.

Z7 and 24-70/4.

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
Re: Cliffs of the island Møn
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 23:05:56 »
Nice pictures :)

Lars Hansen

• NG Supporter
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 14:47:42 »
Nice pictures :)
Many thanks, Bent - I've reworked them to brighter versions .. seemed a bit dark.

Lars Hansen

• NG Supporter
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 14:56:53 »
A few more.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 16:47:00 »
A few more.

I like the very last one in the series.  The group of peculiar trees is presented nicely!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 17:55:44 »
Fascinating landscapes, also at different times of the year. I must have passed it many times coming from the ferry going to Copenhagen!
Thanks Lars.

Lars Hansen

• NG Supporter
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2023, 19:14:04 »
I like the very last one in the series.  The group of peculiar trees is presented nicely!

Many thanks, Akira - glad you like it! I agree the trees are peculiar. An interesting forest and especially in Denmark which is generally a flat country. The isle of Møn has some great hilly landscapes. These are snapshots - I didn't have much time but could easily have spent many hours hiking in the area :)     

Lars Hansen

• NG Supporter
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2023, 19:37:06 »
Fascinating landscapes, also at different times of the year. I must have passed it many times coming from the ferry going to Copenhagen!
Thanks Lars.

Many thanks, Fons - I agree, the landscapes are fascinating. I wouldn't mind going there in different seasons of the year, but it's a bit far from where I live so I got a nice book with landscape photos from the area to compensate  :). Unfortunately I didn't have much time - a walk down the stairs to the beach to get some shots and look for fossils would have been nice. Next time you pass with the ferry then look for a (smaller) version of Dover ;)     

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2023, 20:11:06 »
Looks like a fascinating location!
Thanks for sharing
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 10:40:27 »
I like the transition of colours in the sea Lars

A few more.

The woodland scene sloping away is great and reminds me of a favourite walk

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2023, 11:06:50 »
Very nicely presented! I have been there many times, always interesting scenery.
Erik Lund

knb

• NG Supporter
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2023, 22:40:41 »
I like them too.
I was there once a number of years ago. Somewhat scary at sea level due to the danger of «klint-slide».
Kjetil Narum Bakken

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2023, 00:37:25 »
Many thanks, Akira - glad you like it! I agree the trees are peculiar. An interesting forest and especially in Denmark which is generally a flat country. The isle of Møn has some great hilly landscapes. These are snapshots - I didn't have much time but could easily have spent many hours hiking in the area :)   

Thank you for the details.  My wild guess is that the rather harsh climate and the oblique ground caused these peculiar serpentine shapes...
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Lars Hansen

• NG Supporter
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2023, 19:51:33 »
A very late thanks to all of you for the comments!

Looks like a fascinating location!
Thanks for sharing
Many thanks Armando! - glad you like it. The same to you - I also enjoy the fascinating locations you share. 

I like the transition of colours in the sea Lars

The woodland scene sloping away is great and reminds me of a favourite walk
Many thanks Colin. I'm glad you like the woodland scene, and very glad that you like the transitions in the sea - something I've tried (still trying) to get to match my memory. I'm sure the Z7 sensor captured it - just need to find it...       

Very nicely presented! I have been there many times, always interesting scenery.
Many thanks Erik! - it certainly is, and it was great to be there after many years.

I like them too.
I was there once a number of years ago. Somewhat scary at sea level due to the danger of «klint-slide».
Many thanks Kjetil - yes, klint-slides occur and some have been fatal. Back in March there was a large rumbling slide witnessed by two tourists.   

Thank you for the details.  My wild guess is that the rather harsh climate and the oblique ground caused these peculiar serpentine shapes...
Thanks Akira - probably a good guess. Apart from the climate, the chalky ground also impacts the ability of the trees to absorb important nutrients.