Author Topic: Nonikkor lenses  (Read 1147 times)

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
Nonikkor lenses
« on: May 08, 2023, 19:53:31 »
Nonikkor lenses  https://artralab.com/?sscid=51k7_9eb8s  quite a provocative name for copies
Thomas Stellwag

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Nonikkor lenses
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 20:57:50 »
Basically, they are correct. 'No Nikkor' at all -- just looks that way :)

The 50mm f/1.1 might be interesting?

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 21:59:01 »
do you think its based on the RF Nikon lens?  Then it would be nice in the Leica version as well
I´ll wait until you tested it  :)
edit:  just have seen the Asph inscription on the lens front, so no copy of the old Nikon RF
Thomas Stellwag

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
  • A teddy bear from the Alps, rarely fierce
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 06:08:26 »
Historically, the NIKKOR brand name was created for selling Nikon lenses in Europe, because Zeiss filed a patent infringement complaint with Nippon Kogaku on the account that NIKON sounded too much like its IKON patent...

I wonder if this new company would get a similar lawsuit from Nikon? Not only the name is very NIKKOR sounding, lenses look like almost exact copies :o  except the rear lens cap which is flush with the barrel

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 06:10:44 »
There has been a flurry of third-party 'fast' 50mm lenses for the mirrorless cameras. Designs with apertures such as f/0.95, f/1, and f/1.1 are seen. So far, reports and reviews tend to show these lenses are not very good optically speaking. However, some of the makers obviously mean serious business and brands such as Viltrox and Laowa have released unusual designs which excellent performance.

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 16:30:39 »
The 35/1.4 from the sixties is quite a good looking lens.
I think I’ll get one if it’s a decent performer. Price is not too bad either.
It’s just like the old Nikkor’s without the FTZ.  ;)
Chris Dees

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 16:54:19 »
If I didn't already own the Voigtländer CV 35mm f/1.2 for Z fc , then the appearance of the 'No Nikkors' would be tempting indeed.

However, an outsider brand has little chance of getting a deal with Nikon to allow using the electronics of the Z Nikkors.

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 17:34:00 »
Hey Thomas, there isn't a Z 23mm f1.2 hiding in that bag you've just opened, is there? ;)

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2023, 11:11:20 »
Hey Thomas, there isn't a Z 23mm f1.2 hiding in that bag you've just opened, is there? ;)

sorry ;  I do not see this lens in the offers of Nonikkor and having many 20 - 25mm lenses, I am not looking for more of those, they would refuse to play in the shelf with their new sibbling
Thomas Stellwag

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2023, 09:04:47 »
Interesting design approach, one would think that the marked would be very limited for such a line of lenses,,,
Erik Lund

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2023, 10:52:57 »
I bet the designers have conducted some market research before giving the new lenses this classic and well-proven design? Personally I like the appearance of the '80s 'Nikkor' 35/1.4 and hadn' already owned the Voigtländer 35/1.2 (which also is a similar 'retro' design, but with all the electronics of the Z generation) would not hesitate to purchase it. Perhaps I go for the 50/1.1 instead?

Roland Vink

• NG Supporter
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2023, 22:19:16 »
I wonder what the optical performance is like? This lens is faster and significantly smaller than the Z 35/1.8, so there must be some compromises in the design - high vignetting etc.

There seems to be no shortage of third party primes from extreme wide angle through to 35mm, 50mm and up to 85mm. Except for some macro lenses I don't know of any third party lenses with longer focal length - where are modern equivalents of the classic 105/2.5 or 135/3.5?

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2023, 03:04:35 »
i will never support this company :o :o :o
not only are they copying nikons design language theyve also copied the packaging. this is way more than what one would call a tribute, this sounds like a lawsuit ::)

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
  • A teddy bear from the Alps, rarely fierce
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2023, 13:19:02 »
i will never support this company :o :o :o
not only are they copying nikons design language theyve also copied the packaging. this is way more than what one would call a tribute, this sounds like a lawsuit ::)

Same here. Except for the (obvious) absence of the rabbit ears, and the zee mount, Why buy one? I want the real thing!

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.