Author Topic: Micro-NG meeting in Spain, April 2023  (Read 7393 times)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Micro-NG meeting in Spain, April 2023
« on: April 06, 2023, 09:40:37 »
I went to El Puerto de Santamaria, in Andalusia, Spain to meet my friend Paco. He is of course the well-esteemed NG member  golunvolo. At the same time my German friend Frank F[remerey] wanted to visit me in Norway, but told him I would be in Spain then at this time. Thus Frank changed flight directions 180 degrees and landed safely in Spain as well :;)

We are on the southern coast a little west of Gibraltar, and the nearby town Cádiz, the oldest city in Europe according to Paco and other authorities, faces the might Atlantic directly. Weather is warm, sunny, and at times, quite windy. Thus a welcome relief from all the cold and snow I left back home.

There are Holy Week festivities everywhere with a lot of noise and even more people, so a strange experience for me at least. Just days before my departure to Spain I badly damaged my left hand and being left-handed had quickly to rethink the photo gear for the trip.  I ended up with my Nikon Z9, and the S-line Nikkors 35/1.8, 105/2.8 MC, and the 400/4.5 as the icing on the cake. If I couldn't deploy the latter in a meaningful way, I was convinced Paco willingly would step in and use the lens himself :).

We'll try to collect our pictorial results in this thread. Some pictures might have been re-posted from the Daily Blog, though.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
Re: Micro-NG meeting in Spain, April 2023
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 09:46:48 »
I left the cold Norway,

and ended in the friendly streets of a small Spanish town, where 'eating out at night'  literally means eating out at night.

both with the Z9 and my 35/1.8Z, on the very same day. Europe is diversified in climatic terms :)

We met Paco's girl friend Olga, and his in-laws with their endearing small daughter, Lola.

(I took the liberty of reposting Paco's image of Olga playing with  Lola)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 09:52:03 »
We went to the Atlantic city Cádiz to see what was going on in the city. Streets were crammed with people watching the parades and to ensure nobody could ignore the festivities, musicians banging big drums were predominantly present everywhere.

This young guy evidently had had his fill for the day and left the main centre of activity,

The bridge to Cádiz where Paco collects his speed tickets. The bridge pillars are festooned with speed cameras. We were travelling at 100 km/hour and the Z9 had no problems focus-tracking the oncoming bridge structures.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 11:10:09 »
dancing clean

a woman cleaning inbetween and after the mess of the masses was moving  like a dancer and had her hair dyed matching the color of ther favourite tool

all pictures taken with the OM-Zuiko 1.2/55mm wide open on my Nikon Z6
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 11:19:11 »
   As Birna stated the micro-meeting has started with the pictures already flowing. Chance has it, Olga´s family was visiting and there was a (too brief) overlap. You should have seen the first encounter between Birna and Lola, it was very special.

Sun is doing its part shining and we are doing ours trying to capture the life and some nice food. Frank is enjoying himself too!
  Here some images from yesterday in El Puerto de Santa María and a visit to the oldest inhabited city in Europa, Cádiz, around 3000 years old and still pretty much alive.

But first, to get some basic stuff at the mall for Birna and Frank

Z6, 24-70 f4Z

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 11:20:24 »
Cádiz is also famous for the quality of the light. Strong, warm and contrast-y.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 11:22:26 »
A younger version of Birna´s hair just pop out and Frank and I tried to get it before she disappeared. Cádiz was packed with people!
Z6, 85mm 1.8Z

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 11:23:06 »
Nescafé, what else...
the man himself
  Z6, 85mm 1.8Z

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 11:34:21 »
Gadir mandalorians, this is the way.

Z6, 85mm 1.8Z

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 11:36:12 »
The malecón in Cádiz is very similar to the one in La Habana. Some movies and videoclips has been shot in either one pretending to be the other.

"there is something between us"

Z6, 85mm 1.8Z

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2023, 11:46:35 »
Nescafé, what else...
the man himself
  Z6, 85mm 1.8Z

Great portrait, Frank is looking more mature ;D

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2023, 11:50:27 »
There was a strong wind. Not unusual at all for the place. One of people just finished the Procesión, or Holy Parade, with a cape on the street.

Up, up and away.

Z6, 85mm 1.8Z

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2023, 11:53:37 »
You have seen the power of the 105Z with small beetles?
 Closing up on pollinators.

Z6, 105mm 2.8Z

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2023, 11:53:56 »
The little cutie, Lola

Note to the pixel-peepers out there: onion rings in the bokeh blurs.... Not that it matters, but nevertheless mentioned :)

Z9, 35Z

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2023, 12:03:13 »
In this meetings lenses has a tendency to exchange hands  :) as if we need more reasons to get together!
Pollinators still at work from the previous image but now a car and two people. Can you find them?

Z6, 35mm 1.8s