Author Topic: Unexpected candedate for Kodak Aerochrome simulation?  (Read 662 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Unexpected candedate for Kodak Aerochrome simulation?
« on: February 07, 2023, 05:25:02 »
The unique color rendition of Kodak Aerocheome keeps me interested, but I have no camera converted for the full spectrum to begin with.

Then I noticed that the T&O color mod in my trusty SIGMA fp could offer an interesting starting point for the Aerocheome simulation.  SIGMA explains that the T&O mode is a popular color process in Hollywood recently.  The mode turns the blue sky to teal blue and the foliage to orange.

Here are two tentative samples.  I tweaked some sliders relating to color renditions in ACR based on the DNG file shot in T&O color mode.  The second and the last images were processed for Adobe Color in ACR.

The renditions of the artificial subjects may be different from those of Aerocheome, but the colors of the sky and the foliage could be promising, maybe?
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
Re: Unexpected candedate for Kodak Aerochrome simulation?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 10:02:35 »
Arent their different plugins or filters for image processors available that will give similar results?

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Unexpected candedate for Kodak Aerochrome simulation?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 10:35:13 »
Arent their different plugins or filters for image processors available that will give similar results?

Yes, I realize that there are some plugins or presets for LR/CC, but the most of their sample images aren't look attracting.  There could be room for tweaking to taste, but in this case, this color mode is very handy to me, because it is implemented in the camera.  Literally, it was right under my nose.   :o :o :o
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira