Author Topic: Hi from Switzerland  (Read 1022 times)

ak

• NG Member
  • fotografie.ist
Hi from Switzerland
« on: October 14, 2022, 08:45:25 »
Hi, I am Werner from Switzerland. Normally I work with large format cameras like the Linhof Technika. But color processes are getting more and more expensive. So it's time to finally switch to digital cameras in the area of color photography. In the area of black and white photography, I will stick with 4x5 FP4+ and Fomabrom. Cf. http://fotografie.ist

I have been using the Nikon FM2 and the Nikon F3 for a long time. Fortunately, I still own some extraordinary lenses, e.g. the AI Nikkor 4/200, the AI-S Micro Nikkor 2.8/55, the AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28, but also the latest AF Nikkor 1.8/50. These lenses have already served me extremely well on the Nikon D2X, which I purchased at that time for reproduction and scientific documentation (art history publishing). The D2X still works! But the number of megapixels is too low, and it has no automatic sensor cleaning. In the meantime I switched to the Nikon D850. On this camera my lenses still work very well, too. "Nikon" - in our time of planned obsolescence, this is a positive statement.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
Re: Hi from Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 09:36:02 »
Welcome Werner!

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 10:57:00 »
Welcome in the community, Werner.
Bruno Schröder

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 11:19:36 »
grüezi
Thomas Stellwag

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 21:52:26 »
Hi, welcome to our little corner of cyberspace.

Do show us your pictures, regardless of on whcih medium they have been captured.
Hans Cremers

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 01:01:52 »
Welcome. I’m living in the Wallis between the Geneva Lake and the mountains.  ;)
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 21:02:47 »
Welcome Werner, curious to see your work !

aerobat

• NG Supporter
  • Daniel Diggelmann, Switzerland
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2022, 22:14:06 »
Sali Werner - Daniel aus Nidwalden
Daniel Diggelmann

ak

• NG Member
  • fotografie.ist
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 13:30:55 »
Hello to all, thank you for the warm welcome!

Here is a picture of the Gantrisch, which is near Bern, where I live.

The picture was taken in 4x5" with a Fujinon T 8/400 on FP4+, development was "normal". The picture was taken very early in the morning. I was interested in the atmosphere, that is, the water in the air.

Currently I am learning the D850. I am used to using Tilt and Shift. But this is not possible with my old Micro Nikkor 4/105. Now I have to reorient myself. Probably someday I will get the PC Micro Nikkor 2.8/85. But that costs a lot of money. Let's see how I manage ...

Anyway, the Nikon DSLR has a lot of settings. Almost too many. I know some settings from the D2X, but these days it seems you have to have a PhD to get along with the current cameras. The important thing is to find your own way through the system. I have now put the "Virtual Horizon" and the "RAW Settings" on the user menu and the FN2 button. What I still need now would be a focus magnifier, but I'll figure that out too.

Kind regards

ak

• NG Member
  • fotografie.ist
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 13:41:36 »
Here is a first attempt with the DSLR. As you can see, I'm more of a leisurely person, dedicated to ordinary things ...

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2022, 10:16:00 »
Welcome to NikonGear! Enjoy ;)
Nice images!
Erik Lund