Author Topic: April 2022 - change of rules  (Read 18482 times)

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
Re: April 2022 - change of rules
« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2022, 13:18:45 »
I'll say more than that, yes. Liking the perceived sharpness and bokeh. I know handling is very good to excellent from giving it a go at a local shop in Madrid. It just that the 24_70 vr can work with all my camera bodies that stopped me from making the exchange on the spot (the offer a sweet deal too)
I can understand.  My 24-70 G lens needed repair but It cost more than it's worth, and the corners are pretty bad, so I wanted an alternative to go with the Z9 and Z6.

Still testing it, but it gives more than solid performances for wide angle (24mm) architectural views, portraits and macro's (70mm).  Plus the lens is silent and very fast AF.

Bokeh is great (to my surprise)  and close focus of 38cm at 70mm superb.  And the lens is much lighter than the previous versions.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2022, 13:23:39 »
As the Z9 blows everyone away, what shall come afterwards?

The Z9 ist definitely too much for me. I would rather buy me more time to shoot at all. My friend at Ford has the camera and I can use it whenever I want to use it. It is a very complicated tool that needs a lot of thinking and configuration to get it exactly to the point where you want to have it. Fine grain super complex configuration. My friend loves it. My current shooting frequency is kind of once or twice per moth plus holidays, down from daily shooting for nearly 40 years.
Thanks Frank.  Great you are back.

What is your day to day experience, John?
Superb, a  bit on the heavy site, now and then, but lower weight than the D4-5-6 models.

Hard to go back (to another camera) when you are used to the comfort of the Z9 with the great AF, fastness, image quality  and multiple customization.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2022, 13:25:13 »
April 30

Young life

Z6, 24mm f/1.8s

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #243 on: April 30, 2022, 13:27:08 »

Oh , these boys ... so current!

Thanks Frank, may hope you are all well again!

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2022, 17:22:37 »
Frank & I will make a miserable couple when we met in Edinburg in three weeks' time :) Two victims of the pandemic struggling to recover. Oh well. Things might have been even worse. At least we have an enjoyable visit to Sctoland to look forward to. And Frank has the new 50/1.2 Z, hasn't he? A new one for me, that one. Wonder how it fares on the Z9.

Tom Hook

• Tom
  • NG Member
« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2022, 17:36:30 »
Asleep in a bed of Pachysandra

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #246 on: April 30, 2022, 19:03:18 »
Frank & I will make a miserable couple when we met in Edinburg in three weeks' time :) Two victims of the pandemic struggling to recover. Oh well. Things might have been even worse. At least we have an enjoyable visit to Sctoland to look forward to. And Frank has the new 50/1.2 Z, hasn't he? A new one for me, that one. Wonder how it fares on the Z9.

It works very well on the Z9, my friend Alex hat the Z9, a very confusing camera for me. Leave the Z6 for me dumblink and do not take away my Kodachrome...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2022, 19:05:25 »
Welcome back, Frank.  Hope you get well soon!

Do not be too happy, next week I am back in the threadmill
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #248 on: April 30, 2022, 19:36:35 »
Just: Wow!
Thanks Frank.  Hope you recover soon !!

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #249 on: April 30, 2022, 23:17:35 »
---  do not take away my Kodachrome...

No problem. I have concluded that Kodachrome was a horrible film. So happy we are past that era.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #250 on: May 01, 2022, 00:38:15 »
Do not be too happy, next week I am back in the threadmill

Well, at least I could hear and see something from you.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #251 on: May 01, 2022, 06:56:29 »
Get better the both of you - and likewise anyone else (and their families) in the NG community that has been afflicted with this pernicious virus.

Melbourne seems to have flat lined with about 9,000 to 11,000 new Omicron cases per day.   :( 

Sadly only about 65% of Australian's have had their third COVID-19 shot.   FWIW I have had my 4th and as a practicsing coward am keeping a low profile.  ;D

Hugh Gunn