Author Topic: Availability of Nikon gear  (Read 1067 times)

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
Availability of Nikon gear
« on: January 09, 2022, 07:20:55 »
It seems that your chances if being able to buy Nikon stuff (Z or F) depends on your geographical location. I am in Japan, where the Z9 seems to be so common that there are plenty already being resold online.

But even the FTZ first edition is rare, and the v2 is very much on the waiting list.

The ZFC camera seems to have flooded the Japanese market, and there is already a thriving used market. But the new Z 24-120 lens is on waiting list, with months ahead delivery. The Z9 for new orders at Yodobashi has October delivery.

It’s really bonkers. Even here in Japan there is seemingly no logic or consistency about what can be bought now, and what needs to go on a long waiting list for.

I just bought two ‘beauty’ ftz v1 because I want to have a couple of lenses permanently attached, and now both the v1 and v2 are almost impossible to buy new here.
Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Availability of Nikon gear
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 08:55:27 »
Apparently, the COVID-19 has offered the most effective cold-turkey cure for GAS and NAS.   ;D

I've also heard the Sony A7IV won't be available until September after the very first batch is sold out.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira