Author Topic: Z6 firmware update  (Read 2520 times)

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: Z6 firmware update
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 11:13:52 »
THX for the heads up  8)
  • • Added support for:
  • - FTZ II mount adapters, and
  • - NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S lenses.

[li]• Flicker is less likely to appear in the display  during filming when N-Log or RAW footage is recorded to external HDMI video  recorders at low light levels.[/li]
[li]• Improved eye detection performance for Auto-area  AF and Wide-area AF (L).[/li]
[li]• Increased the refresh rate for the focus point  displayed during face/eye-detection and subject-tracking AF.[/li]
[li]• Improved face/eye detection performance and the  visibility of subjects in pictures taken using an optional flash unit.[/li]
[li]• Fixed the following issues:
  • - The camera would sometimes stop responding when Auto was selected for Set Picture Control in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU.
  • - The camera would sometimes exceed the value  selected for ISO sensitivity settings > Maximum sensitivity in  the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU.
[/li][/list]
Erik Lund

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 13:19:48 »
Also updates for the Z50, Z5 and Z7. Not (yet) for the Z6II and Z7II.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 14:01:11 »
And still no option to update the firmware using an iPad, it can’t open the DMG files but could easily copy the update file to a memory card in a USB-C card reader.

I understand that companies like Nikon can’t cater to all the operating systems out there but at least provide the option to download files without wrapping them in Mac or Windows specific compression technologies.

Cheers,
Jan Anne

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 14:35:02 »
And still no option to update the firmware using an iPad, it can’t open the DMG files but could easily copy the update file to a memory card in a USB-C card reader.

I understand that companies like Nikon can’t cater to all the operating systems out there but at least provide the option to download files without wrapping them in Mac or Windows specific compression technologies.

You can do it thru SnapBridge
Chris Dees

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 15:25:41 »
Firmware updates cannot be performed from a tablet as it states on SnapBridge

Nikfuson

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 16:04:47 »
No eye AF in wide area.

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 16:13:21 »
You can do it thru SnapBridge
Only for Z6II and Z7II, not for Z6 and Z7.

ianwatson

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2021, 16:16:29 »
THX for the heads up  8)

Yes, thank you.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2021, 16:53:38 »
Only for Z6II and Z7II, not for Z6 and Z7.
Thanks, before connecting I did get a notification that my firmware was outdated but can’t find any details once connected.

My MBP15 kind of works when opening the lid for max 20%, just enough to see the screen and download the firmware  :o ;D
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2021, 17:05:59 »
My MBP15 kind of works when opening the lid for max 20%, just enough to see the screen and download the firmware  :o ;D
;D ok then, good luck with that!

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2021, 19:00:11 »
Thanks for the message.  Upgrade performed for the Z6 and Z7

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2021, 21:14:30 »
Notice any difference in AF?

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2021, 09:32:40 »
Some electronic adapters might have trouble with this firmware update, can’t check the Techart adapter with native Sony lenses anymore as I’ve sold my 35/1.4 Zeiss FE lens but the Techart adapter still has the same bug as before in that I can magically dial in f/4.2 on the Voigtlander 15/4.5.

The Fringer EF adapter also has some issues with my Canon EF dandelion adapted Nikkor 50/1.2 as it is now registers as a 50mm f/1.3 lens which is only a minor issue as I can’t control the aperture with the camera anyway. The CV125 EF still works fine with the Fringer however and lets me set the aperture on the camera correctly with proper registration of the used lens and settings in the EXIF.

This evening I will receive the Megadap FE-Z adapter to hopefully restore the functionality of my CV15/4.5, will report how it works with this firmware update.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2021, 13:25:53 »
Don’t think there are many users of the Megedap ETZ11 adapter here but it seems to work properly with the updated Z6, the aperture ring on my CV15/4.5 FE lens works like it did on the Sony, aperture values and exif is correct.
Cheers,
Jan Anne