Author Topic: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm f/1.4!!!  (Read 874 times)

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm f/1.4!!!
« on: August 01, 2021, 01:25:14 »

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
Re: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm f/1.4!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 03:10:00 »
Thank you Richard! I'll read your article soon. I really enjoy them and read most complete.

Dave

---

I remember the ads for Super-Multi-Coated Takumar lenses in camera magazines. I thought what a bunch of stupid hype. I went to Gayson's Camera in Glendale, CA and they let me take a camera and lens outside. I had an open account there and my father and the owner attended the same business club. I was suitably impressed with the reduction of flair and ghost that I put my single coated Nikon system up for sale the very next day. I work at a printing press and the guys were in to photography so I sold out in a day or so. When Nikon rolled out the AI system and the Nikon F2As I bought back into Nikon as planned. Later I read that Nikon and Canon were selling multi-coated lenses without badging them as such. I think Nikon and Canon wanted to sell out their stock of single coated lenses before advertising multi-coating. I saw a 45/2.8 GN Nikkor that was multi-coated but not badges as such. I could have bid on it in a Dutch Auction and probably bought it for a nice price but wasn't interested in it.

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!