Author Topic: Super-Takumar 35/3.5  (Read 993 times)

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
Super-Takumar 35/3.5
« on: July 18, 2021, 13:35:37 »

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Super-Takumar 35/3.5
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 23:49:29 »
I spent some time to see if I could get all five variations of the lens. I won't call me a collector :-)  ....but I have seen claims that it is almost a copy of the Voigtländer 35/3.5 Skoparon for the Prominent camera. This lens impressed me a lot when I once tried it using Fuji Provia.

I got all five variations and the oldest which I think is most "rare" was the cheapest. I found it locally. The others on ebay.
The oldest is the smallest using 46mm filters and I got it without the front cap. An original 46mm front cap was quite hard to find (for me). Buying these original rear and front caps as standalone it not a good idea as the prices are high compared to price for the lens. I also wanted the Asahi branded front caps and not the Honywell types which for me is not "original".

I have not compared the lenses optically but I think they have same optics. There can probably be some sample variations. I have one more 35/3.5 which is the "user" lens and it performed very well on some test targets. I use cropped sensor (Z50) which I think can be an advantage with vintage lenses.

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
Re: Super-Takumar 35/3.5
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 07:57:33 »
it really is a copy of the voigtlander :o :o :o you're right ::)

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear