Author Topic: D700 - CHA error message  (Read 3578 times)

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: D700 - CHA error message
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 21:29:32 »
...I haven't liked Nikon USA for decades.

Do we know camera makers who care for customers better? Two of my Fuji cameras stopped working with their (in)famous "Lens error..." issues and because I heard about Fuji terrible service plus mine were purchased used, I did not even bother fixing them.

Petr sheepeck Jůza

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2021, 22:36:16 »
....... rechipping a lens for me for the princely sum of £15 inc postage!

Robbery!!!!   ;D

I cannot say I´m not fan of official Nikon repair here in Czech as this was my second contact with them only and the first noe, when I needed to repair not working AF of Nikkor 85 1.4D was done fast and also for insignificant sum of money.

So it´s 50:50 now.  :-)

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 01:51:58 »
I cannot say I´m not fan of official Nikon repair here in Czech...

Things work differently in Europe ;) I remember Nikon Polska fixed my SB-800 with expired warranty for free and that only because the store where I purchased the flash was cross the street from where I worked :)

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 04:07:04 »
Do we know camera makers who care for customers better?

Canon? I believe Canon will repair a gray market Canon product a the customer's expense.

Nikon will not repair "gray" even off warranty, even for a second or third owner at the owner's expense. How would I have known if the Nikon F3 and MD-4 I bought from KEH.com if Nikon would not tell me. At the time and still today I consider the failure of Nikon USA to tell me if the camera and motor drive was gray market or USA warranty a Double Cross of a Loyal Customer by Nikon USA.

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!