Author Topic: Where to sell online?  (Read 1590 times)

Petr sheepeck Jůza

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Where to sell online?
« on: July 15, 2021, 09:08:12 »
Hi guys.
I have a question about possible selling venues.
I have a nice lens which I´m willing to sell - but eB puts a limit on price which I´m actually able to list it for. Don´t you know about any other possible online selling site where I could list it?
Thank you.
Petr

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Where to sell online?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 09:51:16 »
We have a Classified section of course, but you do need to be a subscriber to use it

Gone

• NG Member
  • No longer wish to be ignored
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 14:45:11 »
I presume you are new to EB - they limit your sales number and value  until you have a proven record of being a trusted seller.

If you want to list  something over the monthly limit then you can ask them to increase it.

Sadly there are too many out there who will list things, take the money and disappear without sending the goods, they make it more difficult for all of us.

Petr sheepeck Jůza

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 15:37:20 »
I´m not actually new there. But I was mainly bying. But its my only the second selling.
The problem you are mentioning is a sad one. Some use anonymity this way ...

Maybe I´ll post it in normal auction and will see.

Steven Paulsen

• NG Supporter
  • Cumpulsive Tinkerer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 03:53:24 »
Is it the same EB I think it is? They change everything to cater to buyers. I do a fair amount of low dollar stuff back and forth. I always allow a return window and never had real seller problems. Buying, I have had too many perfect vivitar 135's, series 1, zooms, that have radish roots growing inside.

Sell some low cost items cheaply, to grab a few good feedbacks. Watching the beginning of buy it now's........ the person usually needs quick cash for something either legit or a scam. I have had expensive headaches, but never had to pay for something I don't have.

Years ago, my health crashed. Lost everything but my car & home. Selling on "that auction site," kept me out of dodge. I was a pack rat doing yard sales, and luckily that hoard of junk kept me floating. Look at the same item that brought the best price. Look at why. The pics, good bs helps. In the old days, pre 2008, I posted it in the evening, packed it and shipped it the next day.