Author Topic: Nikon Z fc report!!!  (Read 4800 times)

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
Re: Nikon Z fc report!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2021, 18:46:22 »
Of note is that because it has no grip (which usually houses the battery), the battery had to be moved so there is very little space inside the camera. That meant there was no space for IBIS. Nikon is considering an FX version based on customer feedback.

I would like a FX version styled on the Nikon FE2. I would give the camera an MD-12 style grip but not the height of the FE2 with MD-12. This would give more room inside the body proper for in body image stabilization. I would keep the camera as small as possible but I would not sacrifice a preview button and function button in the traditional positions and an AF-ON button.

Nikon might offer a battery booster or maybe not. The reason I might not is to keep the body a bit smaller and lighter. Since the camera would not be aimed directly at sports/action/wildlife photographers an extra high frame rate probably would not be that important. I'm not sure a booster makes much difference for frame rate on a mirrorless body? I'm probably thinking in terms of a DSLR here. A booster would make a difference I'd think for video run time. The EN-EL15c would be a good choice for a battery. I don't mind carrying spare batteries for my D850 so I would not mind carrying spare batteries for the new camera.

I would very much like a backside illuminated sensor for low light performance and please no low pass filter.

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2021, 19:05:51 »
the shutter sounds rather noisy, now i know that it was intended to be that way :o :o :o

I wonder if long time FM2n/FE2 users like myself suffer a hearing loss? The Nikon F3 is much easier on the ears compared to the FM2n/FE2 and the F2. I believe the FE was easier on the ears compared to the FE2 also.

The shutter sound can be turned off on the Nikon Z fc, right? That's one of the first things I'd do.

Dave

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2021, 00:45:06 »
I wonder if long time FM2n/FE2 users like myself suffer a hearing loss? The Nikon F3 is much easier on the ears compared to the FM2n/FE2 and the F2. I believe the FE was easier on the ears compared to the FE2 also.

The shutter sound can be turned off on the Nikon Z fc, right? That's one of the first things I'd do.

Dave

i dont think it could be turned off but theres a silent mode though. ::)

the shutter sound is pleasant but louder than the Z6 :o :o :o

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2021, 03:04:46 »
i dont think it could be turned off but theres a silent mode though. ::)

the shutter sound is pleasant but louder than the Z6 :o :o :o

My mistake: I was thinking of a sound effect emitted from a speaker not the sound of a mechanical shutter.  :-[

Dave

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2021, 03:12:46 »
My mistake: I was thinking of a sound effect emitted from a speaker not the sound of a mechanical shutter.  :-[

Dave

that was what i initially though as well, apparently thats actually how it sounds. :o :o :o

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2021, 18:35:21 »
My Zfc is delivered thi4s week. A nice 5cm f/1.1 is on its way.

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
  • I'm here to learn from the best
    • The F/2 Guru
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2021, 20:25:39 »
My Zfc is delivered thi4s week. A nice 5cm f/1.1 is on its way.

Birna, I look forward to hearing your opinion on your new Zfc !

Thank you