Author Topic: Is The Nikon D700 Camera Still Viable In 2021?  (Read 7684 times)

Wannabebetter

• NG Member
  • Grateful For The Instruction Provided Me
Re: Is The Nikon D700 Camera Still Viable In 2021?
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2021, 08:04:04 »
For the right price and with low miles, a D700 in capable hands is as viable a camera today as it may well be in another ten years if circuit rot hasn't done its damage by then. I can personally attest to its ability to render outstanding B&W images, based on what I've observed from the likes of Zun Lee and any number of other photographers whose names escape me just this moment.

The only things that put me off the D700 initially were the less-then 100% viewfinder and the lack of video capability -- which was rapidly beginning to factor into many buyers' decisions at the time, even those with no experience with nor actual intention of shooting video. Fortunately, I was too broke to afford any FX body just then so was spared the agony of making choices or compromising myself. I was also too broke to afford a D300s, finally settling on a used D300, purchased for less then half its actual worth in dollars, that some kid tired of after one semester in college -- but, I digress. As I now recall, I also got two DX kit zooms in the bargain as well, which did not factor into my buying decision.