Author Topic: Hi from deepest Essex  (Read 1278 times)

Gone

• NG Member
  • No longer wish to be ignored
Hi from deepest Essex
« on: June 28, 2021, 22:17:32 »
I have been a Nikon owner since the 1970s, first with an FM, then a F50, D90 and currently a D610. My photography started out at a very early age some 60+ years ago with a box brownie and a Kodak Brownie 44b, both of which I still have. I also have my father's Purma special which he used in the second world war to photograph life in the navy.

I also have a Canon XL1S video camera.

Interests are MG sports cars, horses and anything mechanical. I am an avid do it yourselfer and have recently started finding cheap broken Nikon lenses and repairing them following Richard's excellent website. So far I have a 28mm f3.5 non Ai that I have modified to Ai, a 35mm f2 Ai, a 50mm f1.8 af, a 105mm f2.8 micro Ai, a 28-70mm f3.5-4.5 af and last but not least a 70 - 300mm f4.5 - 5.6G af-s VR. Somewhere in the post to me is a broken 24 - 85mm f2.8 - 4D so that is my next project and I will be on the scrounge for parts!

Oh, and I also computer code on a couple of other forums as well as running my own web and mail servers.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
Re: Hi from deepest Essex
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 09:55:09 »
Hi Cris,

Nice to see you join our bunch of dear people. Some of which certainly share your affinities to sport cars and horses.
Enjoy the forum and show us your images.

Take care, Jakov
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 10:28:41 »
Welcome to NikonGear! Enjoy ;)
Erik Lund

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 10:49:22 »
Most welcome to NG. A new member who can do the odd repair on his Nikkors is promising :)

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 11:46:11 »
Hi Chris, good to see you here, Nikongear is a wonderful place, nice people and great expertise.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK