Author Topic: The "S" heritage  (Read 14651 times)

null

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: The "S" heritage
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 12:55:06 »
I have two HK adapters- starts with a Kiev mount,

m8_nikkor5cmF14 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

And I have two early Amedeo adapters and the latest one for internal mount lenses. Amedeo uses a CNC to make the helical from brass, does not start with the Kiev mount anymore.

Test of new Amedeo Adapter by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Almass

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 14:09:13 »
Here is his site:

http://www.amedeo.muscelli.net/

It contains references to his 'auctions'  ;)

OK. Thank you

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 14:46:23 »
OK. Thanks for the heads-up, Erik, I'll scuttle straight over and get one of these.

The super adapter now is on its way to my remote corner of the globe. Thanks again, Erik et al., for drawing my attention to this item. The Sony A7 might have a future in my work after all.

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 00:38:01 »
Bjorn,
I've been using Nikon film SLRs since 1977, and their rangefinders for about 10 or 12 years, after reading about them while researching a Nikon F.
Since then I gotten three S3s (two vintage and one re-issue), a vintage SP and a CV R2S Bessa, as well as a nice range of CV and Nikon lenses, and an Amedeo F-S adapter that lets me use my 17 and 19mm Vivitar F-mount lenses.
The Nikons are rugged, dependable and their lenses are first rate.
As you mentioned, their only weakness is the rangefinder spot, with is vastly fainter than those of Leicas or the CV Bessas.
Still, wonderful gear and a pleasure to use.
Robert 
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.