Author Topic: [Theme] In search of spring, 2016  (Read 51086 times)

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
[Theme] In search of spring, 2016
« on: March 08, 2016, 16:11:29 »
While waiting for a doctors appointment today a scrolled thru NG and saw Akiras pictures of the blooming Ume tree. I decided to kill some time and go down to the beach to see if spring had arrived here on my latitude (63 degrees north). Even though the weather was fine there was no sign of the first spring flowers. But apparently the water temperature was fine. The downside of living far north is that one hardly can keep up with the change of seasons. Suddenly spring is here, then its over. It would have been nice to se pictures of the succession of spring from you, living in the northern hemisphere. Maybe give and get some inspiration from each other?

My pictures from today was even checked by military police to see if I had photographed some boats they were using. How secret kan a inflatable boat be? Anyway, a first time experience for me :o

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
Re: In search of spring
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 16:20:20 »
If I were to dip my bones in the apparently fine water temperature, I would not get out alive :D
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 16:40:11 »
4 degrees is surprisingly pleasant 8)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 17:24:07 »
Børge, this is a really contrasting images of "spring", especially the last one.   :o

We used to have four seasons of roughly equal lengths, but the spring and the autumn have become shorter and shorter, and now both last only a couple of weeks.  So, the change of seasons are more and more abrupt here.  I'm not sure if it is the effect of the global warming.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 17:36:26 »
If I were to dip my bones in the apparently fine water temperature, I would not get out alive :D

You would scream a little (or more), but feel invigorated and having an adrenaline jolt ....

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 17:53:25 »
You would scream a little (or more), but feel invigorated and having an adrenaline jolt ....

I would fear Jakov's scream could be the last noise he would make.  The same should go with me...
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Tristin

• NG Member
  • Nothing less, always more.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 18:05:58 »
The second image is nice.  :)
-Tristin

Peter Connan

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 19:21:48 »
How can you call the weather fine when there is that white stuff lying all around?

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 19:34:04 »
Akira, the weather has become more unpredictable and change between the seasons have become blurry. No doubt this an effect of climate change. But this time of year really brings out the contrasts. Melting during the days and freezing at night. Hopefully within the next month we get some flowers to brighten up the scenery.

Peter, its white, fluffy and gives you the most amazing skiing, even though the moose long for less browsing and more grazing.

Now, keep those contrasting images coming :)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 23:10:52 »
I like the volleyball net, although I am not shure about the T/S-effect. Is that a PC-Nikkor?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 06:33:50 »
Yes, Frank its the 45 mm. I love that lens, even though its ugly and heavy "lump".

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 09:51:52 »
Yes, Frank its the 45 mm. I love that lens, even though its ugly and heavy "lump".

I guessed so. I am on the brink of buying this lens, because it is not practical to bring my monorail into the field. In Germany these are sold new for 1700€ but it is possible to get them for 1500€ slightly used.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 15:58:12 »
After spending a few days at the cabin, where winter still holds an iron grip, the search for spring continues. The bees startet buzzing today, the creek is open and the hazel have started to put some new color into the greywhitebrown color of transition into spring.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 16:35:19 »
Børge, the under water image is amazing. I wonder what the conus like shape is?
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 16:51:24 »
Very nice rendered and composed picture of the female hazel catkin. The latter are inconspicuous and one really need to get up close to appreciate their beauty.

The underwater bubble vortex is amazing. Is this some kind of water jet going into a larger water body?