Gear Talk > Lens Talk

What's Your Favorite Vintage Nikkor "BOKEH" Lens?

(1/11) > >>

BruceSD:
I'm a confirmed bokeh fanatic (Bokeholic?).  I shoot mostly fast lenses at wide apertures.  Often I even use speed boosters to achieve even shallower DOF.

I have lots of vintage bokeh lenses from a variety of lens makers (Olympus Zuiko, MOG, Zeiss, Voigtlander, Leica, etc.).

As far as my favorite Nikkor bokeh lenses, my personal favorite is the 55 mm f/1.2 Oscilloscope-Nikkor (I own 2 copies).  I like it's incredible sharpness and artistic/painterly bokeh rendering (see photo). 

You might be surprised to hear that my second favorite Nikkor bokeh lens is the humble/inexpensive/light-weight 50mm f/2 non-Ai lens - it really shines on a Metabones Speed Booster.

Do you have a favorite old Nikkor bokeh lens? Care to share your tips for creating outstanding bokeh with it?

Dogman:
Not really "vintage" but my favorite anyway--Nikkor 85mm ƒ/1.4D.  Gorgeous blur.

I also like the humble 50/1.4 from the early 70's.  Maybe because it was the only good lens I owned back then.

Akira:
Another big fan of Nikkor-O 55/1.2.  Its field curvature adds some character to the unique overall rendition.

#1: One of my oldest images shot with the lens on D2H.
#2: The latest image shot with it on SIGMA fp.

BruceSD:

--- Quote from: Akira on May 04, 2021, 23:59:16 ---Another big fan of Nikkor-O 55/1.2.  Its field curvature adds some character to the unique overall rendition.

#1: One of my oldest image shot with the lens on D2H.
#2: The latest image shot with it on SIGMA fp.

--- End quote ---

Lovely images!   Thank you for posting!  They inspired me to go out and shoot more with this lens.

Akira:

--- Quote from: BruceSD on May 05, 2021, 00:39:33 ---Lovely images!   Thank you for posting!  They inspired me to go out and shoot more with this lens.

--- End quote ---

Glad you like them, Bruce!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version