Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Old love never dies ...

(1/4) > >>

Kim Pilegaard:
My first long lens was a Novoflex follow focus 400mm f/5.6 - a simple doublet achromat, which I bought used in 1968. I have never parted with it, but it has got some newer siblings.

The picture below is taken handheld with with my Z7 II and the latest follow focus grip (Pigriff D), the T-Noflexar 400mm f/5.6 (a three-element design), supplemented with the Novoflex 1.5x Tele-Extender @ 1/320s, f/8. This tele-extender was introduced with the small follow-focus Noflexar 200mm f/3.8. The 1.5x tele-extender seems to perform quite well with the T-Noflexar also.

The lens elements of the 1.5 tele-extender can easily be removed and thus it can serve as an extension ring. I do not know of other tele-converters with this extra feature.

The advantages of the Z7 II (and some other Z-models) for manual lenses like this, are the ability to zoom in the viewfinder, the focus peaking, and the in-body stabilisation.

Kim Pilegaard:
A crop of the picture above

Akira:
Quite a remarkable result, Kim!  The simplistic optical design seems to cope with the demanding high MP machine quite well.

Erik Lund:
I Can only agree, Wonderful image rendering!
Simplicity for optics sometimes works wonders  ;D

John Geerts:
Beautiful shot. 

Yes, great advantage on the Z6/Z7 for older lenses with useful focus-aids and IBIS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version