Author Topic: Nikonos II  (Read 3319 times)

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: Nikonos II
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2021, 23:57:37 »

It was the Nikonos RS.
Here is a page describing the modification:
http://www.nikonweb.com/dcs425/

Attached a screen capture from the page:
Øivind Tøien

Matthew Currie

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2021, 05:10:37 »
ABout the only underwater photography I've done recently was on travels where film is not practical, and I don't anticipate using a Nikonos film camera in the foreseeable future.  But earlier today I was at the photo repair and old stuff store, and they had a Nikonos II in worn but working condition, no lens, for $5.00, and an invisible hand plucked a bill out of my wallet and... well, you know.  It's been there a while, and I just couldn't stand to see it languish.

If by chance someone for whom shipping from Eastern US is a practical matter would like to pay the small amount for a small flat-rate box, I'd be happy to send them the thing (I'll eat the 5 bucks if you can use the camera).

The camera in question has a foggy viewfinder, and it's definitely been around, but the shutter works fine, and it seems to be in good working order with no signs of leakage.

Chip Chipowski

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2021, 03:29:55 »
I am now the proud owner of a V.  I wonder if anyone knows of a Nikonos service center in the US?  I want to change out all the seals and get a CLA but I have not heard back from the one or two shops I found with search engine.