Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Nikon 1 J4 review

(1/4) > >>

richardHaw:
https://richardhaw.com/2021/03/28/review-nikon-1-j4/

basically how i use it with cinema lenses  :o :o :o

Akira:
The only Nikon 1 camera I used was the earliest models J1 and V1.  I don't remember they would display histogram on LCD.  If they did, I would have utilized it for sure.

I've never activated high-ISO noise reduction on any cameras to avoid smearing details but always activated the long exposure noise reduction.  I suspect Nikon 1 can reduce the long exposure noise even with the fully manual third party lenses, because the camera knows how long the shutter speed is, if I'm not mistaken.

richardHaw:
the histogram is only displayed on playback if i am not mistaken :o :o :o

somebody really needs to update the firmware...damn nikon marketing i dont know what they were thinking

Akira:
Given the performance of Sony's latest 20MP 1" sensor in J5, the Nikon 1 system could have been more promising.

The inability to accept third party full manual lenses is a big mistake and marketing failure.  If the system had been developed further, it would have been a very capable video-still hybrid system.

richardHaw:
somebody should fire the people in charge of the decisions. the V3 showed that it could be a competent pro camera :o :o :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version