Author Topic: AF-Zoom-Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-5.6D (OLD)!!!  (Read 3199 times)

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
Re: AF-Zoom-Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-5.6D (OLD)!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 07:26:53 »
Can the roller screws for the zoom mechanism from other zoom lens be used for this lens? One was given to me but the owner told me the lens doesnt zoom in/out, it is stuck at 35mm. I opened up the back and saw that there was no roller screws in the mechanism. I was thinking if I can use the screws from other zoom lens to repair it as the glass is still ib good condition.

not sure, they usually come in different sizes but then i am always comparing different generations. look for one from the same era and see if they fit :o :o :o

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 09:45:32 »
Can the roller screws for the zoom mechanism from other zoom lens be used for this lens? One was given to me but the owner told me the lens doesnt zoom in/out, it is stuck at 35mm. I opened up the back and saw that there was no roller screws in the mechanism. I was thinking if I can use the screws from other zoom lens to repair it as the glass is still ib good condition.
Would indicate that there was a fault on the lens and someone tried to repair it and failed, I would not waste time trying to repair such a cheap lens.
It would be much more safe and easy to find another sample of the lens to use IMHO
Erik Lund

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 09:47:17 »
Hello.
There are two types of Nikkor 35-80mm, both of which are my design.
The first generation uses one PAG-Lens. But it's not a plastic lens.
A glass lens with a thin resin film on top of the glass.
It is resistant to changes in the environment and temperature, and is no different from ordinary glass lenses.
Best regards

the kitlens king has spoken :o :o :o
How nice of him to elaborate on the design.Makes me wonder how much information he could actually contribute with re many other enigmas re Nikkor lens designs  :o :o :o
Erik Lund

Bern

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 11:04:16 »
not sure, they usually come in different sizes but then i am always comparing different generations. look for one from the same era and see if they fit :o :o :o

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give an update to this topic in case I do find a useable screw from  another lens.
Keep shooting,
Bern

Bern

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 11:08:24 »
Would indicate that there was a fault on the lens and someone tried to repair it and failed, I would not waste time trying to repair such a cheap lens.
It would be much more safe and easy to find another sample of the lens to use IMHO

Yes, the primary intension for this lens was a parts lens that is why I accepted it when it was given for free. No harm in trying to repair it though  :D
Keep shooting,
Bern

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 12:14:57 »
How nice of him to elaborate on the design.Makes me wonder how much information he could actually contribute with re many other enigmas re Nikkor lens designs  :o :o :o

he writes decent english, i assume he speaks well, too. maybe I should do an interview about his life and his legacy. i do not think he is aware of how influential he really is in the world of optics.

PS: I wasn't aware that it's resin...