Author Topic: AF-Zoom-Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-5.6D (N)  (Read 1245 times)

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
AF-Zoom-Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-5.6D (N)
« on: January 05, 2021, 13:45:53 »
the Thai Nikkor :o :o :o
https://richardhaw.com/2021/01/05/repair-af-zoom-nikkor-35-80mm-f-4-5-6d-n/
surprisingly sharp...not a bad lens at all ::)

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
  • A teddy bear from the Alps, rarely fierce
Re: AF-Zoom-Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-5.6D (N)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 08:18:46 »
After your second article (on 35-80mm AFD OLD), out of curiosity I looked at my sample 35-80: it's the latest series (sn 483xxxx), made in Thailand.

Now the story of this particular lens: it was part of a bundle, bought 7 years ago with a Nikon D1! The seller did not want to put a body cap on the D1?

The bundle was a bargain (camera, batteries, charger, power source, strap, kitlens, original package, aluminum case, a flash unit, manuals...).

I tested the D1 with this kitlens, and results were above average, possibly because the D1 has a DX sensor, vignetting was almost absent.

Naturally autofocus was excellent, the D1 has the screwdriver for moving the light lens elements with no effort.

Well, this Cinderella of a lens can still do its homework after 22 years in service!

Maybe I should try it with a full frame camera...

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
Re: AF-Zoom-Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-5.6D (N)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 08:23:52 »
After your second article (on 35-80mm AFD OLD), out of curiosity I looked at my sample 35-80: it's the latest series (sn 483xxxx), made in Thailand.

Now the story of this particular lens: it was part of a bundle, bought 7 years ago with a Nikon D1! The seller did not want to put a body cap on the D1?

The bundle was a bargain (camera, batteries, charger, kitlens, original package, aluminum case, manuals...).

I tested the D1 with this kitlens, and results were above average, possibly because the D1 has a DX sensor, vignetting was almost absent.

Naturally autofocus was excellent, the D1 has the screwdriver for moving the light lens elements with no effort.

Well, this Cinderella of a lens can still do its homework after 22 years in service!

Maybe I should try it with a full frame camera...

Ciao from Massimo

period correct :o :o :o