Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Nikon Z Flagship pending - Candid Interview

(1/5) > >>

chambeshi:
https://www.dpreview.com/interviews/9636338352/interview-nikon-a-flagship-nikon-z-series-mirrorless-camera-can-be-expected-within-the-year

Ilkka Nissilä:

--- Quote from: chambeshi on March 05, 2021, 16:53:06 ---https://www.dpreview.com/interviews/9636338352/interview-nikon-a-flagship-nikon-z-series-mirrorless-camera-can-be-expected-within-the-year

--- End quote ---

Notice how Nikon dismiss the request for adapted support for screwdriver lenses. I am not suggesting this is the most important feature to have but the size and weight argument is difficult to justify when Sony have made that type of adapter (LA-EA5) and it's 88 g and has no bulge. Nikon's FTZ is 133 g and has no AF motor. Something to think about.

However, I was unable to find detailed compatibility information on the Sony adapter; user reviews give a 1.8 star average (only two reviews) claiming lack of AF with A9, A7C and A7 III while working with A7R IV. So it's not at all clear what the real functionality of the adapter is and what are the limitations (user error or real incompatibility). Nonetheless they have shown it can be done.

MEPER:
Yes, it is a shame with the screwdriver AF lens adapter......maybe a 3. party can make one......
If Nikon made one it would not need to be just one adapter. They could keep the current and just make a new that also supported the screwdriver AF.
But after all good that the Z-cameras AF-points gets green when focus is spot-on when these lenses are used with manual focus.

John Geerts:
Nice interview.

I wonder, now the focus is on smaller affordable lenses, but where are the f/1.4 lenses in the Z mount? 

Erik Lund:

--- Quote from: John Geerts on March 06, 2021, 14:37:55 ---Nice interview.

I wonder, now the focus is on smaller affordable lenses, but where are the f/1.4 lenses in the Z mount?

--- End quote ---
With f/1.4 the AF needs to be much more precise than with the f/1.8 lenses, same issue on DSLR but there the AF is slowed down in speed.  The fast lenses will come when Nikon masters the AF on mirrorless better

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version