Author Topic: Silverstone Classic Cars  (Read 4308 times)

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
Re: Silverstone Classic Cars
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 19:23:27 »
Nice series!

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 15:02:11 »
Some Silverstone images taken in 2019 https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGA3GwK of not so classic cars  ;)

Nice set of photos, thanks for posting. The yellow DHL sign is a good background.
Anthony Macaulay

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 16:31:57 »
Nice set of photos, thanks for posting. The yellow DHL sign is a good background.

Thx. I'm becoming more and more careful in choosing a matching background. It happens from time to time that I do some color grading of the background to match better with the subject.

https://flic.kr/p/2jKfhdu
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 20:26:08 »
On Sunday 1 August I photographed the Classic Car event at Silverstone Racing Circuit.

The morning was very wet, so full waterproofs for me and the camera (Z7II and 70-200 S).

I think the very first image shown could benefit from added clarity. The second and third image seem just soupy enough to convey the conditions while giving a nice view of the race cars.

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 21:14:10 »
It always amazes me how small the F1 cars of the "Cosworth" era are compared to the much larger and uglier cars of now.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2021, 21:49:58 »
Anthony, thank you for sharing this amazing collection.  I was expecting the addition of Tyrrell.  I wonder how long those small front tires would remain available.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 18:22:49 »
I think the very first image shown could benefit from added clarity. The second and third image seem just soupy enough to convey the conditions while giving a nice view of the race cars.

Dave

Thanks, Dave, I thought about this but decided to show it as it actually was, so that people could see the amount of spray and other water with which the drivers (and the photographer!) had to cope. So the first is more realistic than the others from that race and the E-Type race.
Anthony Macaulay

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 18:23:28 »
Anthony, thank you for sharing this amazing collection.  I was expecting the addition of Tyrrell.  I wonder how long those small front tires would remain available.

Thanks, Akira, the Tyrrell is certainly a head turner.
Anthony Macaulay

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2021, 22:29:00 »
It always amazes me how small the F1 cars of the "Cosworth" era are compared to the much larger and uglier cars of now.

And boring …

Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2021, 08:27:36 »
Wonderful series, Anthony.
The UK seems to organize the best classic cars events (goodwood, this one)
Do you still use your Fujis?
Peter

Gone

• NG Member
  • No longer wish to be ignored
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2021, 09:03:59 »
Thanks, Dave, I thought about this but decided to show it as it actually was, so that people could see the amount of spray and other water with which the drivers (and the photographer!) had to cope. So the first is more realistic than the others from that race and the E-Type race.

Having driven a single seater in wet conditions, I can tell you that reality is FAR worse than that from the drivers standpoint - the rooster tail of spray from the car(s) in front all but obliterates the view ahead - I find nothing wrong with your image which conveys at least some of the mood.

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2021, 10:52:43 »
And boring …
Yes, and boring (as is most of the race "action"). Thanks for posting the comparisons.

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2021, 13:47:52 »
Having driven a single seater in wet conditions, I can tell you that reality is FAR worse than that from the drivers standpoint - the rooster tail of spray from the car(s) in front all but obliterates the view ahead - I find nothing wrong with your image which conveys at least some of the mood.

Thanks, and I certainly agree with you about the problems for the driver in such conditions.
Anthony Macaulay

ThomasAdams

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2021, 04:18:11 »
Some Silverstone images taken in 2019 https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGA3GwK of not so classic cars  ;)

Very nice series of photos MFloyd! It looks like you are inside the boundaries/fortifications, are you there as a professional photographer?

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2021, 09:10:26 »
Very nice series of photos MFloyd! It looks like you are inside the boundaries/fortifications, are you there as a professional photographer?

Thank you. Indeed Thomas. I am a photographer attached to a Danish team (doing also some work for other teams) active in endurance racing (World Endurance Championship WEC, European Le Mans Series, 24h of Le Mans, 24h of Daytona…). So, close to 200 days per year travelling; just coming back from Barcelona, now in Portimão (Portugal), and next Wednesday heading for Bahrain for the last two races of the WEC season  (12 days).  ;)

This said “being inside the boundaries” gives a definite advantage: being close to the action.

_D636511-Avec accentuation.jpg
WEC Monza 2021

_D638779-Avec accentuation.jpg
Le Castellet (Paul Riccard) in preparation of the 2021 24h of Le Mans.

IMG_4766_jpg-Modifier.jpg
Close to the action, on the “safety” road. “Mistral” straight at the Paul Riccard (Castellet) circuit.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν