Gear Talk > Other

Mask woes

(1/3) > >>

Snoogly:
I feel I have photographic disability these days, as i wear glasses. In urban areas here in Tokyo it is customary to wear a mask - but, they really mess me up when I raise the camera to my eye. Instant steam-up, and a general feeling of distress. I have some nice masks with a neck loop, but when I try to unhook the mask from my ears the ear loops get entangled with the glasses arms.

I wonder how other glasses wearers in obligatory mask areas are coping.

Birna Rørslett:
Ensure the tightest possible fit of the mask over the nose bridge. That largely prevents your glasses from misting up. Removing hte mask temporarily doesn't work for me as the loops get entangled by my earrings :(

Or cultivate the old habitat of focusing the lens by guesstimation, then raise the camera up to the shooting position and push the release.

Fons Baerken:

--- Quote from: Snoogly on February 22, 2021, 08:25:24 ---I feel I have photographic disability these days, as i wear glasses. In urban areas here in Tokyo it is customary to wear a mask - but, they really mess me up when I raise the camera to my eye. Instant steam-up, and a general feeling of distress. I have some nice masks with a neck loop, but when I try to unhook the mask from my ears the ear loops get entangled with the glasses arms.

I wonder how other glasses wearers in obligatory mask areas are coping.

--- End quote ---

I wear them least possible that means never outdoors, when compulsory like indoors shops etc, i put the glasses in my pocket. And then wearing masks is  contraeffective limiting respiratory functions overruling your body's natural intelligence.

Ilkka Nissilä:
As Birna says, by adjusting the part that goes over your nose and spending some time making it fit perfectly helps a lot and removes most of the clogging up of eyeglasses. Also you can get better quality masks with bendable metal inside the nose part that should stay better in shape than the plastic typical to cheap ones.

I spend some 10-20 seconds moving my fingers on both sides of the part that covers the nose repeatedly until it stays in shape and this helps a lot. Trying to be quick here is counterproductive, I find.  :)

Matthew Currie:
I thought I'd responded but it doesn't seem to have happened.  You can think of this whole issue in reverse, too.  I only wear reading glasses, but confirm the mask is on right by putting my glasses on and adjusting until they stop fogging. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version