Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Nikon FTZ screw-mount lens adapter?

(1/9) > >>

Luc:
Thom Hogan is well informed and not one to post wild rumours. In this recent article https://www.zsystemuser.com/nikon-z-system-news-and/for-those-with-sony-paranoi.html he mentions the possibility of a forthcoming screw-mount lens adapter. I quote "I think we'll also see the missing screw-mount lens adapter, too. I know that Nikon has heard the screams on that.". Of course, no certainty but it sure would be great if Nikon were to introduce such an adapter.

rosko:
I don't think an FTZ AF will be successful.

Why ?

#1-  It's to late. Only old Nikon fans would be interested, and only if they own several AFD lenses. 3 3

#2- This device already exists and allows any lens to auto-focus, which means all kind of lenses, all vintage lenses, any optical system with mount.

#3- FTZ price : 290€ just to use a Nikon lens without AR, except AFS leses. So. how much will it cost with a screwdriver for AFD ? ???

Wait and see, but I made  my choice already If I come back to autocus...

FD.

Wally:
Not sure it's too late!
From 18 to 50mm alone there are already 5 Mio. units (AF and AF-D) around... This number includes primes only! Don't forget all the zoom lenses.
Nikon rarely is first but once they are marketing a product it is usually superior
I wouldn't judge them so quickly  8)

Wally:
P.S. the user base jumps to an impressive 14.3 Mio units when including all AF/AF-D zoom lenses starting from up to 50mm

Wally:
P.P.S. the number increases to 20+ Mio lenses (AF,AF-D) when you include zoom lenses and DX (only the 10.5mm fisheye)
I dare to say that the numbers on Roland Vink's site represent less than 50% of the actually shipped units
Can Nikon at their currently challenging financial situation even afford to not tap into this huge potential???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version