Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Using a Atomos Ninja 5” as a monitor for the Sony A7RiV

(1/2) > >>

Michael Erlewine:
Using a Atomos Ninja 5” as a monitor for the Sony A7RiV

A problem that I have with the Sony A7rIV is the poor quality of the LCD monitor. So, here is a question: If I get an Atomos Ninja 5” monitor (and recorder) and use it as a monitor instead of the LCD, when I magnify the image for close focus on the A7RIV, will that magnification appear on the Ninja five?

golunvolo:
If you duplicate the screen via hdmi probably yes. If you do clean output (as it usually is for video recording) then you can magnify by the atomos itself. No way to be sure until the manual and specifics for the A1 are public. Is it?

Michael Erlewine:

--- Quote from: golunvolo on February 01, 2021, 23:52:46 ---If you duplicate the screen via hdmi probably yes. If you do clean output (as it usually is for video recording) then you can magnify by the atomos itself. No way to be sure until the manual and specifics for the A1 are public. Is it?

--- End quote ---

Don't know, which is why I'm asking.

golunvolo:
I just did a quick test with the ninja V and Z6 and you can, both in video and camera modes. If in photo shooting mode, it will duplicate what you see in the screen so you can magnify as much.
 It is not guaranteed a1 will be same but it is a good chance.

You can use the focus and exposure assistant of the atomos as well

Michael Erlewine:

--- Quote from: golunvolo on February 02, 2021, 00:05:32 ---I just did a quick test with the ninja V and Z6 and you can, both in video and camera modes. If in photo shooting mode, it will duplicate what you see in the screen so you can magnify as much.
 It is not guaranteed a1 will be same but it is a good chance.

You can use the focus and exposure assistant of the atomos as well

--- End quote ---

I am talking about it working on the Sony A7RIV. Does it work on that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version