Gear Talk > Other

3/8 inch tripod screw or adapter to metric thread screw

<< < (2/3) > >>

MEPER:
"Imperial thread screw" ....I will remember that.
Now I was lucky to find a 3/8" screw that just fits......which was pure luck.....sometimes you are lucky.....
Some screws from my fathers time. They can be 50 years old......or more......

Akira:
Are you trying to make something like this?

Maybe you can just drill a stepped hole so that the screw head can go deeper into the board?

Bent Hjarbo:
When the shops are allowed to open this shop can help with all sorts of weird material.
https://romerdal.dk/
Vester Voldgade 110 Copenhagen. They did help me with a similar problem.

MEPER:

--- Quote from: Akira on January 24, 2021, 14:03:22 ---Are you trying to make something like this?

Maybe you can just drill a stepped hole so that the screw head can go deeper into the board?

--- End quote ---

Yes, exactly something like this. I am just using a 25mm MDF board. I have some heavy rubber feet's I will put on. Then there is space for the screw head.
So it is a kind of "vertical" repro setup. Maybe not exactly like that as I think there is a bit more freedom in the "vertical" solution.
For large magnification it is good if object can't move relative to lens.
The setup I usually used was camera on a tripod and object on a table. Then my weight on the floor.....just the slightest movement caused the object to go "out of focus".....or shake during exposure.

MEPER:

--- Quote from: Bent Hjarbo on January 24, 2021, 14:13:39 ---When the shops are allowed to open this shop can help with all sorts of weird material.
https://romerdal.dk/
Vester Voldgade 110 Copenhagen. They did help me with a similar problem.

--- End quote ---

Thank you. Will remember this.
A 25mm aluminium or steel plate will enhance the stiffness of such a setup.....
It could be nice with a cellar with concrete floor........for extreme macro.....more difficult in an apartment.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version