Author Topic: Nikkor AFD 20mm - glue separation suspected  (Read 792 times)

kkolehma

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikkor AFD 20mm - glue separation suspected
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 21:08:13 »
This has come up before here, but I'll mention it again.  I have a 20 mm AFD lens which had a fogging problem in the glued element.  Apparently for at least a short run Nikon used some unusual cement here, and it's not easy to fix.  My local repairman did some research and determined that regular balsam was a not used.  I tried getting a new element from China using the Nikon part number, but the wrong part came, and I despaired of being able to get the right one from their nearly indecipherable site, if it even existed.
I am struggling with similar issue. Would you happen to have the part number and the site you found the wrong part still written down some where? I would appreciate that information a lot!

Cheers

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 22:47:52 »
I am struggling with similar issue. Would you happen to have the part number and the site you found the wrong part still written down some where? I would appreciate that information a lot!

Cheers

Hi,
Like it was said, it seems like my sample did not have issues at all. Pictures seemed to be OK.
Cheers,
Zang

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2021, 22:49:44 »
Sorry, I notice now you quoted Matt...

Matthew Currie

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2021, 04:12:52 »

Cheers
I still have the piece somewhere, I think, but cannot come up with it right away.  I got it from Ali Baba in China, as I recall.  The part number I got was from a technician who looked it up in a diagram, and I did a web search, found an ad for that very part number, but when it came, it was for a different element.  If I find it I'll let you know, but must caution that my stuff is in a bit of a mess, and it may not appear soon if at all.  Will look, though.

The computer on which I made the order underwent a total drive crash, and lost everything, so no recovery there, I'm afraid.