Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Micro-NIKKOR 105mm F4 AI-S

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nasos Kosmas:
thank you for the info
I am considering to have an 105 macro  and I see now this nice option :)

Bent Hjarbo:
It is I have the Ai version and it is the only one I use for n
macro work.

MEPER:
I tried to do a similar image of the nixie tubes using the 105/2.8 VR lens but I can see I did not hit the exact same angle so flash reflections shows up a bit "hard". But I think the 105/2.8 shows more "CA" in the metallic blown-out highlights and I also think the 105/2.8 shows more OOF CA. But it requires a lot more tests to make any conclusions. But incredible if the 105/4 lens can be found at around 100 Euros. If will guess if this lens was produced by Nikon today the price would be about 10 times higher. I wonder if the 105/2.8 VR was the last F-mount 105mm micro to be produced?   

Birna Rørslett:
Probably the AFS 105/2.8VR will be the last in F-mount -- the Micro Nikkors tend to stay in production for a very long time. With the build-up of the Z system and the promised Micro-Nikkors in Z mount, I see no reason they should spend more time and money on another F Micro model.

David H. Hartman:
I'm quite fond of the 105mm f/2.8 AIS Micro-Nikkor but because it has floating elements its free working distance is less than the 105mm f/4.0 AI/AIS Micro-Nikkor. Also the 105/2.8 Micro when used with the PN-11 extension tube is complicated by having the floating elements set towards infinity rather than close up when little of the built in helical extension is used. I bought a 105mm f/4.0 Micro-Nikkor specifically for use at image ratios greater than 1:2. If macro lighting arms are used with the PN-11 the AIS version is preferred.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version