Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

AF-Zoom-Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-5.6D (N)

(1/1)

richardHaw:
the Thai Nikkor :o :o :o
https://richardhaw.com/2021/01/05/repair-af-zoom-nikkor-35-80mm-f-4-5-6d-n/
surprisingly sharp...not a bad lens at all ::)

mxbianco:
After your second article (on 35-80mm AFD OLD), out of curiosity I looked at my sample 35-80: it's the latest series (sn 483xxxx), made in Thailand.

Now the story of this particular lens: it was part of a bundle, bought 7 years ago with a Nikon D1! The seller did not want to put a body cap on the D1?

The bundle was a bargain (camera, batteries, charger, power source, strap, kitlens, original package, aluminum case, a flash unit, manuals...).

I tested the D1 with this kitlens, and results were above average, possibly because the D1 has a DX sensor, vignetting was almost absent.

Naturally autofocus was excellent, the D1 has the screwdriver for moving the light lens elements with no effort.

Well, this Cinderella of a lens can still do its homework after 22 years in service!

Maybe I should try it with a full frame camera...

Ciao from Massimo

richardHaw:

--- Quote from: mxbianco on March 09, 2021, 08:18:46 ---After your second article (on 35-80mm AFD OLD), out of curiosity I looked at my sample 35-80: it's the latest series (sn 483xxxx), made in Thailand.

Now the story of this particular lens: it was part of a bundle, bought 7 years ago with a Nikon D1! The seller did not want to put a body cap on the D1?

The bundle was a bargain (camera, batteries, charger, kitlens, original package, aluminum case, manuals...).

I tested the D1 with this kitlens, and results were above average, possibly because the D1 has a DX sensor, vignetting was almost absent.

Naturally autofocus was excellent, the D1 has the screwdriver for moving the light lens elements with no effort.

Well, this Cinderella of a lens can still do its homework after 22 years in service!

Maybe I should try it with a full frame camera...

Ciao from Massimo

--- End quote ---

period correct :o :o :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version