Gear Talk > Camera Talk

The D500 v. D850 for those who own or have owned both?

<< < (5/6) > >>

MILLIREHM:

--- Quote from: Frank Fremerey on January 06, 2021, 01:40:48 ---@Wolfgang: I wait for the Z9 destined to compete with FX mirror cameras

--- End quote ---

@Frank: +1
The Z9 hopefully provides the required speed upgrade (and also hopefully significant improvements in ergonomics and interface)
in general I still prefer optical viewfinders in sunny daylight conditions

David H. Hartman:

--- Quote from: MILLIREHM on January 06, 2021, 11:04:01 ---@Frank: +1
The Z9 hopefully provides the required speed upgrade (and also hopefully significant improvements in ergonomics and interface)

--- End quote ---

Please send FREE money! :D  I need money but I need time more than money.  >:(

I think I would like mirrorless for fly on the wall candid photos of people or where SLR noise is not acceptable.

Frank Fremerey:

--- Quote from: MILLIREHM on January 06, 2021, 11:04:01 ---@Frank: +1

--- End quote ---

I consider the current EVF of the Z6 as very good. Best I have seen so far

MILLIREHM:

--- Quote from: Frank Fremerey on January 07, 2021, 08:43:52 ---I consider the current EVF of the Z6 as very good. Best I have seen so far

--- End quote ---

Not that you misunderstand me. The Z6 has a very good electronic viewfinder and reportedly it is the best of all EVIL cameras - and one of the highlights of the Z-system which makes it very attractive. For low- light or night shots  it is favorable also for tricky manual focussing with the new focus peaking options. For bright daylight conditions I prefer an optical viewfinder nevertheless, the still "pixeled" EVF viewfinder image still somewhat irritates me. Thats why Z6 is a valuable add on for me but not a replacement for cameras like the D850.

David H. Hartman:

--- Quote from: Ilkka Nissilä on January 04, 2021, 10:39:44 ---Is there a typo here somewhere? I thought you liked the D850.

--- End quote ---

Yes, there was a typo. I struck through D850 and typed in D800.

I'd like to sell my D800 but it may not bring enough in and I probably will keep the D800 as a backup. I still own my D300s as it's not worth selling.

Thank you,

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version