Gear Talk > Camera Talk

SnapBridge: that was fun! Now what: USB Tethering? WiFi?

<< < (2/14) > >>

David H. Hartman:

--- Quote from: MFloyd on December 08, 2020, 01:29:10 ---SnapBridge works OK with the D6; it gets more complicated with the D850.... etc

--- End quote ---

This makes sense. I don't have a D6 to compare. Maybe I'm panning SnapBridge because it's not fulfilling my needs. If I still shot PR I might find it more useful.

I'm interested in Studio use.

Best,

Dave

Akira:
If I remember correctly, Ann uses Yongnuo wifi transmitter for the more professional tethering.  Apparently that is discontinued now.

David H. Hartman:
Should I assume few if any here use USB or WiFi tethering other than some find SnapBridge useful despite its limitations?

Dave

Akira:

--- Quote from: David H. Hartman on December 08, 2020, 07:31:15 ---Should I assume few if any here use USB or WiFi tethering other than some find SnapBridge useful despite its limitations?

Dave

--- End quote ---

Dave, you would have to use Nikon's genuine Camera Control Pro2 for the tethering with the computer via usb.  According to Nikon's website, D850 is compatible.  So far as the wireless connection is concerned, I've only heard of Ann's solution.

Most of pro photographers I personally know uses Canon cameras for the tethering with iPad, Mac or PC via wifi without any additional hardware.   They say that the efficient wireless tethering ability is one of the bigger reasons for them to opt for Canon.  I know only one pro who tethers Nikon, and his D810 is connected to his Mac via usb.

MFloyd:

--- Quote from: David H. Hartman on December 08, 2020, 07:31:15 ---Should I assume few if any here use USB or WiFi tethering other than some find SnapBridge useful despite its limitations?

Dave

--- End quote ---

I’m favoring the Bluetooth low energy connection option, leaving the WiFi channel open on my smart device for communicating with the “outside” world. No additional gear needed like the over-expensive WT-x transmitters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version