Gear Talk > Processing & Publication

How Kodak Aerochrome was developed

(1/3) > >>

Akira:
This is an intriguing story!

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4754146140/video-the-origin-story-of-kodak-aerochrome-film

I didn't know or realize that the cover photos on "Are You Experienced" and some other rock albums were shot with this very film!

Erik Lund:
Thank you for the heads up! Infrared is a big part of the NikonGear community which makes this even more interesting to hear about! I recall a hole lot of great IR images posted here - Pink as well 8)

Akira:

--- Quote from: Erik Lund on November 30, 2020, 12:08:31 ---Thank you for the heads up! Infrared is a big part of the NikonGear community which makes this even more interesting to hear about! I recall a hole lot of great IR images posted here - Pink as well 8)

--- End quote ---

Glad you enjoyed it, Erik!  Yes, that's exactly why I shared the article here!

I'm looking forward to the part 2 to be posted, although both technique of EIR emulations previewed in the last section of the part 1 are both familiar to some folks here.

Birna Rørslett:
The story perpetuates the myth that "chlorophyll-rich foliage" caused the IR effect. Which is fake news if there ever was one. In fact, vegetation reflects IR because of its cellular structure. Anything behaving structurally similar would also reflect IR. A dead leaf with no chlorophyll thus reflects strongly in IR. A silt-laden river reflects strongly in IR. And so on.

Akira:

--- Quote from: Birna Rørslett on November 30, 2020, 19:50:30 ---The story perpetuates the myth that "chlorophyll-rich foliage" caused the IR effect. Which is fake news if there ever was one. In fact, vegetation reflects IR because of its cellular structure. Anything behaving structurally similar would also reflect IR. A dead leaf with no chlorophyll thus reflects strongly in IR. A silt-laden river reflects strongly in IR. And so on.

--- End quote ---

I just passed though that phrase.  Thank you for the note.  According to the review of the full-spectrum P&S camera by Kolari Vision posted by this YouTuber, he is not very familiar to the digital UV/IR photography.

Nevertheless, the story of the origin of EIR is interesting enough to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version