Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

NEW-Nikkor 135mm f/3.5

<< < (2/2)

David H. Hartman:
Richard,

Thank you for a great review. I read the review section complete and I’ll come back to the repair section soon.

I wondering if you were using a lens hood when you reported on flare and ghost. I use a deep hood at all times on 105mm and 135mm lenses. I normally leave the lens in the forward position and caps them with a Tupperware #G tumbler cap for rapid access. The HN-8, HS-8 and HS-14 hoods fit and function well on the 105/2.5 and 135/3.5 lenses.

When I started in serious photography in 1970 the snap on hoods had chrome buttons. I believe these hoods were designed to jump off the lens and roll down the sidewalk whenever an attractive woman walked by. I much prefer the snap on hoods with a sliding plastic release as they tend to say put yet they can be removed quickly when using filters.

Dave

richardHaw:
yes, they are quite flimsy but that may be by-design :o :o :o

for practical or social purposes ::)

Airy:
I do have one of those chrome-button snap-on hoods, namely the HS-4, designed for the 105/2.5, the 135/3.4 and the 105/4. I did never jump off the lens. Shall I infer that I never crossed any attractive woman on my photographic way?

Hugh_3170:
They were not very secure - that is for sure.  Invariably the surfaces that they fell onto were always rough and the as a result hoods invariably got scratched just tp prove what devils they were! Arh....

--- Quote from: David H. Hartman on November 25, 2020, 23:08:41 ---...........................
 I believe these hoods were designed to jump off the lens and roll down the sidewalk whenever an attractive woman walked by.
..................................................................................

Dave

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version