Author Topic: Urban development in Lille (FR)  (Read 4224 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Re: Urban development in Lille (FR)
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 00:03:02 »
Some views of the new constructions aligned with the old walls. Now, the new brick walls are no longer tag-free. The last picture shows the transition between old (front) and new (rear)
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2020, 00:06:39 »
The "balcony" can be accessed via staircases on the other side (inner historic city side). Again, old and new are tightly connected or even intricated.
By the way, last shot was taken wide open (just for the fun, and because I wanted to soften the girders in the foreground).
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2020, 00:10:03 »
Walking along the balcony brings its share of surprises. Second and fourth shots provides insight into the inner "court", between old walls and inner city. First shot f/2, inner court f/8, squashed rat f/5.6 I guess. Some perspective control, esp. the last one.
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2020, 00:14:53 »
Lille Europe Station nearly looks like an oldie now. The station was designed by Rem Koolhaas, and placed into service around 1993 (start of Eurostar services) if I remember correctly. Last shot, slightly cropped, provides the answer to "Where do the children play"; this area was created a couple of years ago. First shot displays the 6-ray sunstars generated by the 6-blade diaph (the blades are curved).
Airy Magnien