Gear Talk > Camera Talk

launch - Nikon Z7 II and Z6 II

<< < (12/13) > >>

Akira:
Dpreview just posted the review of Z6II.  Interestingly, the image quality test shows that the images of older Z6 looks cleaner with less chrominance noise at ISO 12800 and higher.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-z6-ii-review

Airy:
From the review : "The Z6 II's image quality is indistinguishable from that of its predecessor, including at in low light, at high ISO settings."

It is also my impression, while it is apparent that the color calibration of the tested Z6 and Z6 II is different.

Akira:

--- Quote from: Airy on December 15, 2020, 17:48:38 ---From the review : "The Z6 II's image quality is indistinguishable from that of its predecessor, including at in low light, at high ISO settings."

It is also my impression, while it is apparent that the color calibration of the tested Z6 and Z6 II is different.

--- End quote ---

Did you compare the dark grey background areas of RAW images at ISO 12800 and 25600?  Interestingly, the well lit areas look cleaner on Z6II, but the dark areas look cleaner on Z6.

Øivind Tøien:

--- Quote from: Akira on December 15, 2020, 18:05:04 ---Did you compare the dark grey background areas of RAW images at ISO 12800 and 25600?  Interestingly, the well lit areas look cleaner on Z6II, but the dark areas look cleaner on Z6.

--- End quote ---

I cannot say I agree to that with respect to the low lights (assuming we are looking at raw files, jpgs are pretty mushy in both at high ISO). It varies a bit with dark region, I would say on average pretty much the same but perhaps generally some better detail on the Z6 II. (Both are as expected better than Z5 at high ISO.) Also the banding in the exposure latitude test is minimal compared to Z6, about the level of the Z5, Z50 and the Sony. That alone would be deciding for me (having used and still own the D7100). It will be interesting to see what Bill Claff's  stacked sensor heat maps will bring in that respect.

Nikfuson:
Got the Z6II on loan and one of the improvements is the compass, inclinometer, whatever it is called. It is much less obtrusive...GOOD!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version