Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Rodenstock APO Ronar 150mm f/9

(1/9) > >>

Michael Erlewine:
Here is my first subject (Datura inoxia), a poisonous plant from the southwest. from a new large-format lens, the Rodenstock APO Ronar 150mm f/9. This is taken with the Nikon Z7 on the Cambo Actus Mini-B View-Camera.

The APO Ronar is a “Process Lens,” meaning it is a lens without a shutter which give a flat field of focus and is often used for copy work or macro photography. I would be using it for the later.

I find this a wickedly sharp lens and they are going for just a couple or a few hundred dollars, which is amazing to me. I am still looking for what’s wrong with it, but so far have not found anything.

Datura inoxia (Jimson weed) is a very poisonous plant (all parts of it) and is a powerful hallucinogen. Here one of its seed pods, having broken open, sheds seeds, only a few of which ingested would act as a powerful psychedelic.

My trip days are over, so I grow it for the beauty of the flowers (Moonflower) and the exquisite scent, reminding of the classic Night-Blooming Cereus from the Middle East, which I have been growing for maybe 40 years.

Here are a couple more with the Ronar.

pluton:
Beautiful shot, Michael.  Aside from the well-done deep focus, the lighting is excellent.

Seapy:
Thank you Michael, are those straight single exposures or some stacking?  The rendering is superb.

I have just popped for one, very modestly priced in Germany.  My first APO lens!

Now I need an adaptor mount for the PB4...  Another lathe project.  ;D

Erik Lund:
Excellent! Very detailed even with these relative small jpg files

Michael Erlewine:
These images are stacked using Zerene Stacker, for those interested.

Another Ronar image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version