Author Topic: Manual non-Canon lenses with Canon EF/E mount speed booster :)  (Read 2506 times)

paul hofseth

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Manual non-Canon lenses with Canon EF/E mount speed booster :)
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 18:47:05 »
the adapters taken together seem to be a bit too short for  wides. The 16mm, when set at 1 meter focussed with 14x magnification, reaches infinity.. At 70mm , my 35 to 70 f/4 vario elmarit  reaches infinity at a scale mark of 8 metres.This is a normal , but undesirable feature of adapters in order to avoid complaints of being too long.

p.

Toby

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Toby Marshall
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 02:31:07 »
Good to hear, Toby. Metabones IV can be had for around 200usd in aftermarket what is not too bad. However, I plan to stack another adapter to use Nikon, Contax/Yashica lenses with it and my concern is the infinity may not be reachable.

If the adapter is designed for the lens to reach infinity on a Canon body, there is no reason that it should not reach infinity on a Sony E body with the Speedbooster in between. And if not, there is this:

https://www.metabones.com/article/of/infinity-adjustment-speed-booster-only

paul hofseth

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 11:55:44 »
Just focussed my 500mm on the meeeetabones. As expected, the too short adapter did not make much difference, Infinity achieved beyond the 50meters amrk and very close to oo. 

Conclusion: do test any wides before commiting to adapters, but Metabones + Leitz R to EFdo work even if not dimensionally correct.

p