Author Topic: Considerations on a D3  (Read 4637 times)

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: Considerations on a D3
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2020, 08:40:57 »
https://www.ebay.it/itm/233646894359

This is the D3s with the strange AF box, and I have no idea if this might compromise anything.
The seller says, the "defect" is purely aesthetic... the camera has almost 140k shots.

Should I bid?
IMHO No.There are so many used D3/D3s on the marked, just wait until you find the right one, don't buy a defective camera.
Erik Lund

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2020, 14:20:40 »
Why not make Ann a good offer on her D3?  I will wager that it has been well looked after.  ;D

https://www.ebay.it/itm/233646894359

This is the D3s with the strange AF box, and I have no idea if this might compromise anything.
The seller says, the "defect" is purely aesthetic... the camera has almost 140k shots.

Should I bid?
Hugh Gunn

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2020, 16:17:40 »
I've found this on a listing on eBay... from a D3s...
Better to avoid this camera?

I had a lot of wear on my D3 display. It did not display so well anymore. Customer came personally and paid cash. Was happy anyway
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Marco Lanciani

• NG Member
  • Roma, Italy
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2020, 19:56:26 »
Why not make Ann a good offer on her D3?  I will wager that it has been well looked after.  ;D

Actually, I thought about this solution...

But I'm not sure about import taxes from the US between privates, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to pay something...
I thought, better to invest that extra on an "s".

And shipping costs with UPS or DHL.

Also, If I'm not wrong, batteries can't travel on airplanes, due to recent regulations.
D3 batteries are not so cheap, in relation to the current value of the camera.
I Wouldn't use third parties batteries.

mhm... For the same reasons I can't (still don't want to) buy on eBay from the US and Japan... well, outside the EU.
Marco Lanciani

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2020, 20:31:57 »
Actually, I thought about this solution...

But I'm not sure about import taxes from the US between privates, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to pay something...
I thought, better to invest that extra on an "s".

And shipping costs with UPS or DHL.

Also, If I'm not wrong, batteries can't travel on airplanes, due to recent regulations.
D3 batteries are not so cheap, in relation to the current value of the camera.
I Wouldn't use third parties batteries.

mhm... For the same reasons I can't (still don't want to) buy on eBay from the US and Japan... well, outside the EU.

Bear in mind that nobody likes paying tax, and/or shipping costs. But, those ancillary expenses are soon forgotten, while the condition and quality of the purchase will always be remembered. A "good deal" is less about what you paid than it is about your satisfaction with it.  ;)
Carl

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2020, 20:42:55 »
Marco:

If you do decide that you want either a D3 or a D3S I happen to have both cameras. 
I bought them New and have been the only User.

I can probably ship via Fedex and mark the package as "Recipient's Property" with the second-hand value so you should not have to pay Customs Duty.

I do have all of the original accessories for both of these cameras but, while my batteries are in working order you will probably need to buy new ones fairly soon anyway. I don't think that there is any problem with Fedex shipping batteries if they are properly capped because new cameras are always shipped from Nikon or from a camera shop with a battery included in the box.

Marco Lanciani

• NG Member
  • Roma, Italy
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2020, 21:26:37 »
Ann, I'll PM you. I think it's better...
Marco Lanciani