Author Topic: Need Parts for AF nikkor..  (Read 850 times)

Peter

• "Remember You can only use one eye at a time"
  • NG Member
  • Los Alamos, New Mexico
Need Parts for AF nikkor..
« on: July 25, 2020, 04:10:51 »
Anyone have a dead AF lens?
I need a drive screw for a 50mm f1.8, also need one short silver Phillips head for a 24mm f2.8 af lens mount plate.
Bought a 24mm f2.8 af that someone used a drive screw that was from another AF lens was to short and.
The one out of my 50mm worked but now i need a drive screw for that and lost one of them tiny short screws from the 24!!

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Need Parts for AF nikkor..
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 11:07:45 »
Is the 24 lens using 3 or 5 mount screws? It can do with only 3 if need be provided they are spaced 120 degr. apart.

Andrew

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 20:43:04 »
I got some screws from Warsaw's Nikon.

Please send the size! I may have it!

Andrew
Andrew Iwanowski

Steven Paulsen

• NG Supporter
  • Cumpulsive Tinkerer
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 00:06:01 »
Your lens will likely work ok if a lens mounting screw is missing or broke off. As far as a drive screw on the lens, that' a tough one.

Roland or the gentleman who posts lens teardowns will be along soon, hopefully. (I actually have looked for replacements for worn out mounts, Ai rings that possibly some are interchangeable.

I have several AF lenses in the parts box, most 3rd party. If you can post a pic of what you need, perhaps a generic screw can be fabricated to fit.

(I am not the Dremel King but I still have all my fingers.)

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 10:26:44 »
As a general statement; No parts are interchangeable between lenses.
Only exception are various screws and most of the contact blocks.

Lenses are developed and designed in different teams and they have free hands to solve the targets for that particular lens.
For some lenses, like short to medium focal length Ai lenses and after that Ais lenses have common design features, but not interchangeable!
Same for AF-D and AFS lenses they can be grouped but not down into details for the parts themselves, they are not interchangeable.

This is mostly due to size requirements of the outer finished product, look and feel.

This is also why we so easily can recognize individual lenses just form a picture or even a silhouette,,,

Erik Lund